Not happy today!!

Options
2»

Replies

• stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    I try and stick to my daily goals and eat back half of my exercise calories.
    I do eat rubbish/junk but try and restrict that to once a week. If I do then I will add extra to my runs (kind of punishment).

Yeh see what happens over a few weeks, I didn't lose any weight for 2 weeks in a row, even being under my daily calorie intake, but have lost inches and have developed some serious thigh and calf muscles.

Weigh yourself in another week or two and then see the results (dont worry about this weigh in).
    you are a sensible guy have i seen you somewhere before lol:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What should I be eating and what should I be cutting out then?

Please I value the info :smile:

Hi, just had a look at your diary. What jumps out firstly is the biscuits - do you really need 5? Obviously you're having a decent lunch and dinner but not really breakfast most of the time - I'd suggest having a more filling breakfast might help stop the snacking.

I assume this is a long term plan with a lifestyle change attached so obviously doing things too quickly, like cutting out too many goodies, is more likely to lead to quitting. However, reducing the amount of biscuits / cakes you eat should help, along with increasing the amount of water you drink (not the bottled one you've had - if you don't like tap, buy a water filter), along with an increase in exercise should help you lose the weight.

Good luck!
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water

Change your diary settings to show fibre, sodium and sugar, processed food contains alot of sodium which equals water retention.

Try going for a breakfast cereal which has a higher fibre content

Don't eat back all your exercise calories, trying eating half of them back. I find MFP tends to over estimate calories burned. Unless you have a bodybug (heart rate monitor) which accurately calculates your calories burned for you, you may actually be over eating
  • IkkleGina
    IkkleGina Posts: 17
    Options
    I have found reading all the comments interesting myself, i only use 2 weight machines with 10 reps 3 times but on a low weight, im also using the tread mill, rowing machine, and excersise bike. i normally do 60 mins 3 times a week the 30 mins a home on the stepper and doing other basic cardio 3 times a week leaving 1 day free.