phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    "Wanna come over? For old time's sake..."

<from my ex-husband> :sick:
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Text conversation from last weekend that made me want to smash my phone:

Boyfriend - What time are you getting off work today?
    Me - 4:30
    Boyfriend - K

AGHH!!! I assume that my simple answer to your question was received and understood. It is completely unnecessary to text me back a confirmation that you received it and understood it!!! If you had something more to add like can you get off half hour earlier or we should meet up for a drink, then add it! I don't need a text back saying "K"!!!! Drives me absolutely crazy

You must have a more reliable service provider than I do. I prefer a response, even "K", because then I know my text actually went through.

Texts undelivered or delivered late have caused some inconvenient miscommunications in the past.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    "nmu" "idk"
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ok..so let me get this straight. Everyone is complaining about getting the letter "K" replied to them after some say very lengthy text messages.

I would say "K" to the book someone texts me and then I would reply, can you pick up the D*@MN phone if you have so much to say to me. That is what I HATE. Texts where people write BOOKS . I don't want to have to type back a complete conversation.

Texting is for short simple questions, statements and replies. Examples: I will be there soon, I am on my way, Can you grab milk on the way home, Stuck in traffic be there in a few, I love you and I was thinking of you. Call me when you can talk.

There are many reasons for texting but BOOK WRITING and LENGTHY Conversations is not one of them.

Well...I went off on a little rant didn't I. Can you tell I answer "K" quite often.
    Exactly!!!!!
  • healthierheather
    healthierheather Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "I hear ya"
    "k"
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    call me <---- HATE THIS... just freaking call me instead of texting me to call you!
    Yes! This too!
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's not you, it's me, lets just be friends.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ok..so let me get this straight. Everyone is complaining about getting the letter "K" replied to them after some say very lengthy text messages.

I would say "K" to the book someone texts me and then I would reply, can you pick up the D*@MN phone if you have so much to say to me. That is what I HATE. Texts where people write BOOKS . I don't want to have to type back a complete conversation.

Texting is for short simple questions, statements and replies. Examples: I will be there soon, I am on my way, Can you grab milk on the way home, Stuck in traffic be there in a few, I love you and I was thinking of you. Call me when you can talk.

There are many reasons for texting but BOOK WRITING and LENGTHY Conversations is not one of them.

Well...I went off on a little rant didn't I. Can you tell I answer "K" quite often.

^ This!!!! What I can't stand is when someone is texting back and forth and then I pick up the phone because this has now turned into a conversation that I don't feel like typing out and they DON"T ANSWER!! :explode:

You were obviously near your phone to be sending text messages at the very least pick up and say "I can't really talk right now I'll call you later"

Cause I am not having a whole long drawn out convo over text. Which for my generation means I don't get to conversate with people much anymore. :frown:
  • KatieDelamatie
    Options
    "Yes dear" from the husband annoys the **** out of me.

Perhaps you would prefer "Do it yourself, and when you're done with that make me a sammich!!" :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I LOVE this!! Too funny!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "k" for a response to a question.

"lol" used any time. I doubt you're actually laughing out loud (Worst time I've seen it used was when someone asked me how my day was, and I told them I was at a funeral. "lol" was their response).

Emoticon responses make it seem like I'm sending texts to a 2 year old.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I got dumped by text once... That wasn't very special.

I think its the ones with little response, like a 'k'
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    "can i ask you a question" ay yi yi... don't ask me if you can ask me a question... just ask the question!!! :grumble:
  • KatieDelamatie
    Options
    "Ummm... that wasnt just a rash"

oh getting I thought you said sending!

hahahaha! You guys are cracking me up with this one!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    call me <---- HATE THIS... just freaking call me instead of texting me to call you!
    Yes! This too!

This.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Soooooooooooooo, we're at the ER.....again
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Can I borrow $50?
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    K, Thx, Ye,Dw.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    When people want to have a full length conversation by text...yea no thanks!
    To me, K and yup and sup and lol nice and cya are perfectly acceptable.
    I don't have time to fat finger my response back about how I'm doing, what's been up, how was the 4th, where ya going, what are you doing, hows work....etc. Short and sweet responses back from me most of the time.

I thought to myself, "this must be a guy" - checked out the profile, yup... sure enough - MALE. ha ha ha... aaaaaaand there's the difference ;)
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    K

UGH!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    "K."

Agreed!!! I wish I could be clever like this person when I get that response! HA!

k.jpg

FANTASTIC!!! Now how much of that can I remember?