Baked goods without eggs, milk, added sugar, oil, and butter

Options
I have severe food digestion problems and my girlfriend wants to cook some deserts for me. Does anyone know a way to make items such as cake and brownies without using whole eggs, any dairy (milk or yogurt) added sugar, oil, & butter? I also can't have most fruits and veggies which sucks. Some replacement ingredients I have found are unsweetened applesauce, oat flour, rolled oats, egg whites, soy milk, etc. She makes me a desert out of rolled oats, apples, unsweetened applesauce, and cinnamon. Does anyone have any recipes to make brownies or cakes that don't include the items listed above or can be replaced by other items? I don't care about texture, dryness, etc. Thank you ! :smile:

Replies

• cyreta
    cyreta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    there's a website- www.fatfreevegan.com. There's several things on there that I've tried and liked. Not so much desserts, but I think there are several on there. I just haven't tried them. Anything vegan should fit your bill for the most part, especially if you do sugar replacements like maple syrup or stevia. I"ve also got a "I can't believe there's no sugar!" cookbook that does foods and desserts with things like apple juice concentrate. I'll look in there and see if there's brownies. I know there are different cakes in there. Do you want me to post the recipes I find in the book?
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    South beach diet peanut butter cookies. Mix Peanut butter, splenda, baking powder, make 1 inch balls and then bake 350f for 15 min.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There's a Crohn's/UC group on here. . .maybe they can be of assistance?

I'm pretty much opposite (I can have the items you mentioned, just not the wheat) so sorry I'm not of much help!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    cake mix and diet soda, bake per the box!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    A basic cake mix but substitute the oil, butter and eggs with 1 can of puréed pumpkin and cook in either mini muffin tin ( like one bite brownies) or bake then as drop cookies. I do this with gluten free cake mix and pumpkin as I have horrid food intolerances as well.
  • cyreta
    cyreta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, a quick check shows the 'I can't believe this has no sugar" cookbook has 15 cake recipes, some recipes for frosting (at least 2) and 1 nutty brownie recipe. Author is Deborah E Buhr. Might be worth looking up on Amazon or somewhere if you'll be cooking this kind of thing often. Also has muffin recipes, breads, fruit pies, puddings, etc. All kinds of baked goods and substitutions for wheat and corn sensitivities.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Brownie mix with 1 15oz can of puréed black beans.
    Sounds gross, but they're sooooooo good.
    No one can taste the beans.

Also cake mix with one 12 oz can of clear diet soda.
    The cake comes out super moist. I've made it many times.
    1 trick, I found helpful is using parchment paper when baking if you want to remove cake from pan easily.
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas everyone. Out of everything you listed the only things I can't have are artificial sweeteners and anything that adds sugar like maple syrup. My body doesn't do well with sugar at all and artificial sweeteners is a disaster for me. Besides, I am not a fan of sweet food. :)
  • kristin050585
    kristin050585 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to do what I can for Eric, but he just can't have certain foods so it can be quite challenging to find something both of us can eat. Thanks for the recipe books for ideas. We will check around for some.
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been using pure pumpkin as a substitute when baking. Use one box of betty crocker brownie mix and one can of pumpkin...yummy!
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've made those brownies with the black beans before, an I can voucher for the poster. Those brownies are SUPER tasty. I have only done it with Black beans and chocolate brownies, but I've heard white beans can be used for lighter shades of mixes.
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    JUST saw this in the latest Suepr Food Ideas magazine (Australia) about an hour ago.

Guilt free yummy brownies (so the title says)

* 6 tsp natvia (a 100% natural sweetener) - not seen this in the shops before, so heard anything about it. 100% natural sounds good - will reserve my judgement until I read the labels on the box.
    * 1/4 cup non fat plain yoghurt (substitute for soy yoghurt to suit you)
    * 1 tbls egg WHITE
    * 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1/2 cup wheat flour
    * 2 tbl cocoa powder
    * 1/4 cup water

1. Grease a 6 inch square cake tin
    2. Beat egg white, natvia, yoghurt, water and vanilla together.
    3. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder to the yoghurt mix.
    4. Pour mixture and bake on 180 degrees celcius for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try the cookbook Vegan cookies invade your cookie jar! I had to go dairy free for a while when I was nursing my son. I didn't want to use all the oil so I replaced things with applesauce. Delicious results!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump...(No allergies, but the recipes sound delicious!)
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    BUMP... any other great suggestions? Thanks !
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There's a Crohn's/UC group on here. . .maybe they can be of assistance?

I'm pretty much opposite (I can have the items you mentioned, just not the wheat) so sorry I'm not of much help!

ULCERATIVE COLITIS GROUP
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/848-ulcerative-colitis
  • mommab23k
    mommab23k Posts: 35
    Options
    eric, have her go to pinterest, she seriously will find a TON of great stuff.

one of my kids eats a GFCF diet, and i've found lots of things for him on that site.

also, maybe websites of manufacturers that specialize in natural sweetners (agave, honey, brown rice syrup). Ener-G makes an egg replacement, i bet she can find recipes on their site. Earth Balance makes a vegan butter replacement, they'd have stuff too. i'm sure she could find a ton of things there, and just tweak as needed.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/. All her recipes are vegan (no dairy or eggs), and many have low or no fat options. She even has a few that don't have any added sugars (usually using bananas or dates for sweetness). I'm not vegan and have very few food intolerances, but still really enjoy some of her recipes.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water = 1 egg. Works great as a replacement. Let the chia seeds sit in the water 5-10 minutes before using them, and you've got an eggy, gloopy mess.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/. All her recipes are vegan (no dairy or eggs), and many have low or no fat options. She even has a few that don't have any added sugars (usually using bananas or dates for sweetness). I'm not vegan and have very few food intolerances, but still really enjoy some of her recipes.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/

You can omit the oil, I do. It doesn't make a difference in taste at all. I also only use 1/3 of the sugar it calls for.I've made it as a pie, cookie pizza, and as actual cookies. They are yummy.