Subway

Options
smitty328
smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
I love this place....looking to change things up a bit!!! What are some of your favorites with the cheapest calories??? Need some ideas. :)

Replies

• shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The sweet onion sauce is good, it probably has the most flavor for fewest calories. Stay away from the veggie patties, they're actually pretty heavy on calories. If you like veggies, a veggie sandwich with cheese and honey mustard is delicious. I find that I can't really taste the turkey under all the veggies anyway. Or I'll go for the roasted chicken breast. Oh, and the flat bread is higher in calories than the wheat if I remember right. =D

(My roommate is an assistant manager at a subway and my boyfriend worked at her store for a while too so I've eaten a lot of subway sandwiches hahah)
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    i typically go with... 6" ham and turkey on whole wheat. lots of veggies. no sauce. sometimes cheese. This sub comes in at 280 calories, 340 with the cheese I believe.

Subway is good and bad, have to be careful of the sodium content. But it beats out all other fast food alternatives around me.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    get a sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad, I usually get cheese and all and its super good. Just load up with veggies and its like 300-400 depending on what you get added on.
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    I love subway!! I could eat there everyday! I always eat the same thing lol here is a link that I use sometimes just to see.
    Just click the items once and it will add it up on the right hand side. If changing subs remember to reset!!

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/calculators/subway-sandwich-calorie-carb-nutrition-calculator.php
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Meatball sub with parmesian and mozarella, always. My absolute favorite, but the calories are crazy high - this sub can kill a person. This is why I have one of these about 2/year, and I don't let myself go near Subway if I can help it.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    6inch subway club on italian (white bread), with veggies and fat free honey mustard sauce 330 calories.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for the ideas :)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Always the same...turkey on wheat, no cheese, tons of veggies :)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Me too, same thing......... I like spicy mustard though.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Me too, same thing......... I like spicy mustard though.

Yes, I forgot about the mustard! lol
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    6 inch black forest ham on wheat, no cheese, toasted with lettuce, tomato, black olives, banana peppers, jalapenos and lite mayo. Yummy!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Love Subway, too. Have not tried their Breakfast yet.
    I get the Veggie Delight Sub - Spinach, Bell Peppers, Sweet Onion, Cucumber, Tomato, and Olives. No dressing. On the 6 inch 9-Grain Honey Oat Bread. Sometimes I get the same Ingredients, but make it a Salad. I will bring my own Carrot Chips or Strawberrys sometimes to add to it.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Subway for awhile, but I always get the foot long Veggie Delight on wheat, no cheese, all the veggies they have, and spicy mustard. I eat half, and bring half home for lunch the next day. Pretty low calorie, and about the only thing I can eat there since I'm a vegetarian. :-p
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    I love subway!! I could eat there everyday! I always eat the same thing lol here is a link that I use sometimes just to see.
    Just click the items once and it will add it up on the right hand side. If changing subs remember to reset!!

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/calculators/subway-sandwich-calorie-carb-nutrition-calculator.php

Wow, thanks for that link. That guy has a bunch of great calculators. I bookmarked it.

edited to add: I even bookmarked it on my phone which it where I need it most anyway.