Calories Burned While Lifting

I notice that the site does not credit calories burned while working out. My gym sessions are a total of 18-24 sets (3 per exercise) with one minute intervals between sets. This means I'm only in the gym for an hour, but I'm burning calories. Anybody have a method of accounting for these?

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    You can search for strength training under cardio. As always take it with a grain of salt. It equates to moderate cardio I believe.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Wear a hrm! :)
  • BABGURL
    BABGURL Posts: 10
    I use a Heart Rate monitor watch that calculates the calories burned when I lift weigths. But like that other person said you can use the strength training (weight lifting) option for the days you lift. Hope that helps.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    I know it's not perfectly accurate, but I wear an HRM even for my lifting workouts, and log the calories as cardio that way.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I know it's not perfectly accurate, but I wear an HRM even for my lifting workouts, and log the calories as cardio that way.

That's what I do. I always dont eat back ALL of my exercise calories just to leave room for error.