Low Calorie Healthy Snacks?

What are some low calorie healthy snack ideas that people don't usually think of?

Replies

• I always love making vegetable soup with bell peppers, jalapeno (if you want spicy), some corn, spinach/kale/cabbage, broccoli stems sliced, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, you get the idea!

Can make a BIG batch (5-6 servings) in an hour, and it's filling, flavorful, and pretty low calorie.
  • http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/

these are SO delicious and healthy! I like to mix the toppings in though because it tastes better. I like to mix in slivered almonds, a little dark chocolate and crasins for some good flavors.

You can make a bunch of them at once and just stick them in the fridge and eat one when you are hungry. Two is a serving I believe, but one usually tides me over because they are nutrient dense. its basically oatmeal but in a cupcake tin.
  • frmeital
    frmeital Posts: 36
    These are a few ideas:

Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours. My favorite.
    Celery stick dipped in 30 g of Tzatziki yogurt & cucumber dip. Crunchy and creamy at the same time.
    Grilled pineapple – 1 cup of pineapple rounds, grilled for two minutes or until golden. So good.
    Popcorn – 100 calorie bags of air-heated popcorn.
    Orange-Berry Salad – 1 cup of mixed berry salad (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, preferably organic) with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice. I should call it my anti-aging snack.
    Gerber Graduate Puffs – My favorite flavor is sweet potatoes. Yummy and low calories.
    Banana chips – One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
    Yogurt and berries – This one is 139 calories but it fills you up. 1/4 cup of frozen berries, 100g of low fat yogurt and 1/8 cup Rogers’ 5 grain granola with raisins. Yummm.
    Dipped egg: One over easy egg with half a slice of whole-wheat toast, to dip in yolk.
    Edamame – : ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
    Artichoke – 3-4 slices of canned hearts of palm and artichoke hearts.
    Tropical smoothie – ¼ cup pineapple juice, apple juice and orange juice, blended with ice.
    Sweet potatoes and Curry – One medium size potato, boiled in water until soft, mashed with 1 teaspoon of curry, a little salt and pepper. Very good.
    Pumpkin seeds – These are amazingly healthy. Two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds, sprayed with a spritz of olive oil and baked at 400 degrees until brown. You can add a little salt and it’s heaven.

(Source: http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/healthy-snack-ideas/)
  • Bowmant1
    Bowmant1 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow.. Great ideas!! I am glad I looked at this post!! That really helped me to find some good snack ideas for my teen daughter and me! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    My go-to snacks are:

Almonds
    Greek yogurt (4 oz cups)
    string cheese
    hard boiled eggs
    hummus & veggies
    apples & PB2
    jerky (if you can find a low-sodium variety)
  • Having recently discovered Hummus, I am going to suggest a small whole wheat pita cut in wedges dipped in (or spread with) hummus. :)
  • Less0Beth
    Less0Beth Posts: 16
    Mini cliff bars are usually about 100 calories. The Kind bars are 180, but they are double the size of the Cliff mini bars. Celery and peanut butter is great too. I keep the bars in my car (in a container) and if I am starving and out and about, a great pick me up.
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for the reminder about the frozen grapes! Definitely have to pick some up when I go shopping tomorrow. I'm going to get some seedless watermelon too. I was very surprised how low in calories it was!
    These are a few ideas:

Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours. My favorite.
    Celery stick dipped in 30 g of Tzatziki yogurt & cucumber dip. Crunchy and creamy at the same time.
    Grilled pineapple – 1 cup of pineapple rounds, grilled for two minutes or until golden. So good.
    Popcorn – 100 calorie bags of air-heated popcorn.
    Orange-Berry Salad – 1 cup of mixed berry salad (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, preferably organic) with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice. I should call it my anti-aging snack.
    Gerber Graduate Puffs – My favorite flavor is sweet potatoes. Yummy and low calories.
    Banana chips – One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
    Yogurt and berries – This one is 139 calories but it fills you up. 1/4 cup of frozen berries, 100g of low fat yogurt and 1/8 cup Rogers’ 5 grain granola with raisins. Yummm.
    Dipped egg: One over easy egg with half a slice of whole-wheat toast, to dip in yolk.
    Edamame – : ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
    Artichoke – 3-4 slices of canned hearts of palm and artichoke hearts.
    Tropical smoothie – ¼ cup pineapple juice, apple juice and orange juice, blended with ice.
    Sweet potatoes and Curry – One medium size potato, boiled in water until soft, mashed with 1 teaspoon of curry, a little salt and pepper. Very good.
    Pumpkin seeds – These are amazingly healthy. Two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds, sprayed with a spritz of olive oil and baked at 400 degrees until brown. You can add a little salt and it’s heaven.

(Source: http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/healthy-snack-ideas/)