zuchinni pasta...24 calories!

Options
I've seen this recipe around Pinterest and had been dying to try it,and it turned out great!

A 150g portion of pasta might have 300-400 plus calories where as 150g of zuchinni only has 24! It's also really good at taking on and absorbing all the other flavors!

Basic zuchinni 'pasta' recipe!

150g zuchinni (I found this was enought for a medium bowl/average portion)

1 tbsp oil ( I used spray oil to reduce calories,adjust accordingly)

Any flavorings garlic/ginger/salt etc... (I used ginger puree,yum!)

1.Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.Add any flavorings.garlic to the pan and then the zuchinni,stir fry until golden and crispy (about 3 minutes)

2.Remove from heat and add topping of your choosing (marinara sauce/chicken etc...)

I made a kind of carbonara by adding in some mushrooms,ham and stirred in some fage 0% which made it really creamy!!

I can't rave about this enough! I'm a pasta fiend and after eating a bowl of this I feel really full :)

definitely worth a try!

Replies

• judyxshoes
    judyxshoes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am probably being really stupid but ..........how did you cut up the zuchinni? Did you cut it spaghetti style or some other way. It sounds delicious and I would like to give it a try/
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I am probably being really stupid but ..........how did you cut up the zuchinni? Did you cut it spaghetti style or some other way. It sounds delicious and I would like to give it a try/

Sorry I totally forgot to add that! I used a peeler to peel long strips and then just stir fried it until it had a nice crunch! good luck :D
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I was totally going to make this tonight, except I was going to add it to spaghetti squash. I have a surplus of zucchini right now so I was trying to think up ideas on how to use it.
    To cut mine up, I plan on using a 'Rotato'...LOL My mom got it for christmas one year and never used it and gave it to me for when I was in my apple pie baking craze. It's main use is to peel potatos and apples, but I figured if I just kept going, I'll get zucchini ribbons! :)
  • twyble4673
    twyble4673 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Perdue simple smart roasted chicken strips. You can top them on salad cold or heat on skillet. Reminds of your recipe because i did the same thing but I added red peppers, onions and some sundried tomatoes. Yummy!
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    Yes!! I use zucchini and yellow squash. We don't eat grains, so this is the only way we can eat "pasta!" Thanks for sharing :)
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was making chicken parm and noodles tonight and figured I would eat a smaller portion but after seeing this, I think I will try to zucchini! So glad I found this post!
  • MelissaFD
    MelissaFD Posts: 8
    Options
    What a great idea,will have to try this.Thanks for sharing.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I was skeptical at first because I thought i'd be left with a bowl of soggy zuchinni but I couldn't have been more wrong! The chicken idea sounds great! It's so versatile :) shrimp would be good too!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    this sounds fantastic, I just loaded up on zuchinni on the weekend & was wondering what to do with all of it, lol. Thanks for the great idea! :flowerforyou:
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you! I've been looking for new vegetable-based meals to try.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    sounds fabulous! All the good nutrients in zucchini plus great taste and filling. Who can ask for anything more?
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Oooo that sounds yummy! Going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    yum, thank you!
  • jeccaerin
    jeccaerin Posts: 124
    Options
    I love zuchinni! Looking forward to trying this. Thanks for posting!
  • emmarangel
    emmarangel Posts: 19
    Options
    This sounds really good and I have a TON of zucchini. Going to give this a try for sure!
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    I use a spyra-gyra... really cool tool, google it :smile:
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Bump... I am definitely going to try this!
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Bump for Later! :) Thanks!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for my gluten free diet. Thanks for posting! :)