Any hope for loose skin?

Options
kini324
kini324 Posts: 239 Member
Besides surgery? I'm so happy with my weight loss, but the loose skin is starting to really bother me!

Replies

• boldimp
    boldimp Posts: 17
    Options
    Unfortunately there isn't anything that really works other than surgery. All the creams, sit ups, and prayer in the world will not tighten skin that has lost it's elasticity. Some people are lucky but most are like balloons. Once you over inflate them the never go back down to the original form. I know first hand. 3 years ago I lost 80 lbs. I was so unhappy with the way that I looked (loose and saggy) that I decided I looked better fat. I know... not the right thinking but I had bikini dreams... and the realization that I would never feel good walking down a beach half naked seriously depressed me. I gained all my weight back plus 20 pounds. I have never been madder at myself or my stupid perception of weight loss perfection. Now I am back at ground zero ready to embrase the body I will end up with in less 100lbs. So Sports Illustrated won't be knocking on my door. Oh well. lol

I have read that some insurance companies will cover a tuck if you have lost 100+ lbs and keep it off for a least 6 months and have skin irritation as a result. You probably look great anyway and are so much healthier and surgery should always be the very last resort. Congrats on your successful weight loss!
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am already starting to have the same problem and I am only at -47. I can't imagine what it will look like when i hit my goal of -75. I have asked a few people who had the same problem and they all said start doing weights. It will take some time but if you start weight training and really work at it, it will get better. Good luck!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've got loose skin in my inner thighs I'm praying will go away with enough hard work and dieting efforts.... I hope surgery isn't my only answer...:brokenheart:
  • ArynnOctavia
    Options
    Weight training helps tone the muscles, which can fill in loose skin a bit, and help pull it up a bit tighter. Drinking enough water also helps skin elasticity, but both of these will only go so far. If skin has been overstreached, no matter your age, the only way to get it completely tight again is surgery.

I've lost quite a bit of weight. My saggy upper arms were a problem for me, espcially during swimsuit weather, to the point that I refused to wear sleveless clothes, and even some t-shirts were a no-go. Once I got back into boxing with the Wii and heavy bag, I noticed that the upper arms are less flabby now. They're still flabby, and when I've reach goal and maintained for a year I plan on getting surgery, but at least at this point I can handle wearing a tank top.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!