bump for reference
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eileent01
    eileent01 Posts: 8
    Options
    I treid this linc I couldn't get any info.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    bump. Great idea:)
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    There was a discussion just like this yesterday. I have tried out a few different patterns of these, because I am a Pintrest freak, and try everything... LOL. I did not like the way the sleeves or the neck was once I was done. It was cute when I put it on, but after an hour in the gym, it was awful. They have you cut SO much of the neckline out, that half of my sports bra was showing. It's kind of bulky in the back, and I kept messing with where the knot should be. It kept moving around, and still being a long way from my goal weight, I was very uncomfortable in it. I don't think I will do that one again. When I found the second tutorial, I kinda modified it a bit to suit what *I* like. I know this is going to sound silly, but I just cut the sleeves off. By doing that, there is just enough material to tuck the edges under the straps of your sports bra. Then I cut just the tiniest slit in the neck. No V shape. No scoop neck. Just a straight line, about 2 inches long. And I LOVED it!!! I have made 4 or 5 of those now. It's the only thing I work out in, and now I can wear all my old favorite T's again -and I'm not spending 15-30 dollars for workout tanks!!!

Thank you for this feedback. I tried following the OP's instructions and all I did was ruin my shirt! The neck was too big and baggy, and the arm holes were weird. I will try your idea next!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you! I'm so excited to try this! For some reason I really hate plain t shirts and they way they look on me. Yay I'm going to go do it right now!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I followed this tutorial that I found on youtube and I liked how my shirt turned out a lot better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EaJJXX1Cck
  • bikenut
    bikenut Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump - love it
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    bump
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Now I know what to do with all those martial arts tournament and training camp t-shirts that I can't seem to throw out!