Recovering...

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
I ate horrible this past weekend (which carried into Monday). However, I am doing well today. The only thing I can say for my self over the weekend was that I did "play outside" with my little boy Sunday and I did get up and workout yesterday and this morning - so that is good. But I am so disappointed that I fell off the wagon so early (I have only been on this site for about three weeks). I know that a lot of my thought process was seriously affected by my "cycle" which I was cursed with starting Friday! But all that is over now and it's like I'm waking up from being drunk and thinking 'What the hell did I do to myself over the weekend?'.

Can anyone relate? Does anyone know how I can avoid "the curse" next time and STAY ON TRACK??? Thanks everyone.

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    I ate horrible this past weekend (which carried into Monday). However, I am doing well today. The only thing I can say for my self over the weekend was that I did "play outside" with my little boy Sunday and I did get up and workout yesterday and this morning - so that is good. But I am so disappointed that I fell off the wagon so early (I have only been on this site for about three weeks). I know that a lot of my thought process was seriously affected by my "cycle" which I was cursed with starting Friday! But all that is over now and it's like I'm waking up from being drunk and thinking 'What the hell did I do to myself over the weekend?'.

Can anyone relate? Does anyone know how I can avoid "the curse" next time and STAY ON TRACK??? Thanks everyone.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much, if it took you 3 weeks to fall off the wagon you did much better than most of us. And because you are aware of it, you will fall off the wagon less and less, this is the normal cycle. If you think about it and stew on it, it will only make things worse for you, so don't beat yourself up. Just pick up and go on. It's great that you play with you little boy outside, it burns tons of calories, there's nothing like running around like a child.

Don't deprive yourself all the time, just make sure that you workout and exercise if you fall off and it will balance our your calories. The worse thing you can do is deprive yourself, then one day you will wake up and really over do it.

You're doing great.:flowerforyou:
  • cocobounty
    cocobounty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi. I know the feeling well. I did exactly the same over the weekend, and have been punishing myself all day! I feel sooo depressed. Dont give in though! I have eaten so good today and only consumed 800 calories! We all have bad days, but we can all get back on track! Keep going babe x
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words... I am not trying to be negative cause I know that's the best way to fall back off the wagon! :smile:

I really appreciate the comments. :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a tricky weekend...I think the hardest thing is falling off your diet....AND getting back on track the next day! YOU GO GIRL!!! Way to get back on track!

So what triggered your tough weekend? I have a hard time on the weekends because my husband is a muncher. So....This next week now that I'm charting online will be easier for me, but he might be hungry. LOL:wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a tricky weekend...I think the hardest thing is falling off your diet....AND getting back on track the next day! YOU GO GIRL!!! Way to get back on track!

So what triggered your tough weekend? I have a hard time on the weekends because my husband is a muncher. So....This next week now that I'm charting online will be easier for me, but he might be hungry. LOL:wink:
  • KrisKabob
    Options

So what triggered your tough weekend?

The weekends are tough in general but I started my period Friday morning so it made my weekend that much tougher! But all that is done now. I tend to have an easy period (hardly know I have one) followed by a tough one the next month. Go figure!

I feel much better today and I really appreciate the nice comments! :happy: