mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGH I love that everyone hates McDonalds but so many people eat there.

Is their healthier food than McDonald's?..... Yes

Is their unhealthier food than McDonald's?..... Yes

Does McDonald's taste good?...... Hell yes

Does McDonald's publish all their nutritional info on their web site?.... Yes

If most people had any ideas how what they like to eat is prepared they'd probably never eat again.

IMHO read the web site and take an educated look (or use the iPhone app before you get there). The salt and the soda is the killer. Small fries and lots of water help that out, nuggets are pretty OK, the fish is good. Even a Big Mac is healthier than a couple of slices of mainstream pizza.

As an adult, chose to eat what you like, and compensate with a light lunch maybe, I for one aren't giving up my McDonald's and I'm losing weight :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are all of the chicken feathers and all ground into goo and then they use amonia to kill the bacteria, food dye to get the right color and flavouring to make it taste good. Not food. yuck. The only real thing there is the grilled chicken patty.

The French Fries are deep fried covered in sugar, frozen. Then deep fried and covered in salt. The combination of salt sugar and fat is like crack.

I had no idea about the the sugar thing!
    That's because everything that was said is BS lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    someone just brought some Mickey D's in for lunch. i can smell it. smells so damn good.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are all of the chicken feathers and all ground into goo and then they use amonia to kill the bacteria, food dye to get the right color and flavouring to make it taste good. Not food. yuck. The only real thing there is the grilled chicken patty.

The French Fries are deep fried covered in sugar, frozen. Then deep fried and covered in salt. The combination of salt sugar and fat is like crack.

This is how misinformation is spread. Good job
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat my own elbows ...

but i guess the southwest chicken salad w/ lime and no salad dressing ::shrug::

But what's the macro breakdown on your elbows?

HAHAHA...Awesome!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I would go with a hamburger happy meal. The calorie count isn't bad. McDonalds actually uses high quality beef, so at least you'll be getting some protein and the fries aren't good for you, but how can you go to McDonalds and not eat the fries. And you get a toy...j/k. You're eating regular food that everybody eats at some point, but you're getting a good sized serving...not a huge one.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who goes to Mcdonalds and has a veggie burger or wrap! I usually go for that, about 350 Cal's for a veggie burger, skip the fries, have a bottle of water.
    They have VEGGIE BURGERS at Mickey D's???? :) I had no clue. They probably drench those in oil and butter too.... hahaha. Oh, America....

They do in UK, not allowed to drench in oil and butter here either. Our food laws are quite strict as to what they can do with their food without telling the public. :)
    I don't know I watched Kill it Cook it Eat it and there is a log of stuff in your food in the UK mostly the cheaper meats
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Big mac and a fry. Those things are so freakin' good.
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    10 piece chicken nugget w a small fry and a water. thats about 600 cals and thats not 2 bad...:smooched:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    personally i would get an orange juice or apple juice to keep my sugar up and head home to eat a salad....

No doubt! McD's does NOT agree with me. I can't eat any of it anymore.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    a fish finger happy meal with fruit bag instead of chips and a diet coke, plus one ketchup. all very boring, I know, and probably notthe answer you want! enjoy!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Does McDonald's taste good?...... Hell yes

Agree to disagree! hahaha

I loved it when I was a kid, but that's when I didn't know what real food tasted like. :laugh: :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Have to eat at mcdonalds tonight. What should i get?

Water! Everything else they have is crap>
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Pepto Bismol and a barf bag. yuk!~
  • chipmunkee
    chipmunkee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken salad a few months ago!
  • Lovelybirdxx
    Lovelybirdxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason why you have to eat there? If you dont have to dont. There food is fried and processed. It is not healthy and more than likely anybody that eats bad food will hate themselves after. Even there salads are bad for you. Its just not a healthy place. If you work there then maybe someone can bring you food from somewhere else? I would personally not eat at all then eat there.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

Not true.

I was a corporate manager for McOpCo For a few years as a corporate analyst before my most recent job, I have worked in the stores, and in just about every job in between, I can safely say that is not true. it is actually cooked on a griddle(flat surface) grill. It is put inside of a metal square cooking ring, with a steel plate on the top that has a cup built on to it for water, and it slowly drips water into the tray with the chicken. so it is steamed/ flat grilled... No margarine, no butter, it comes pre seasoned as well.

Not taking up for them, personally, I hate them, but don't spread false info... that's just bad for the entire community.
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i get a salad or a kids happy meal w/ a diet coke or where i live the have minute made light for my drink...which is abt 10 calories
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    when i have to eat there i get the yogurt parfait instead of fries and a regular hamburger
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The fear mongering in this thread makes me proud to be a McDonald's shareholder.