Hello!

Options
deb3129
deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
I am new to My FItness Pal, discovered it a week ago thanks to the sherif at the agency where I work! I started my weight loss journey almost 4 months ago, on March 11th. At that time I weighed 338 pounds, and I was fed up. I was tired of being tired all the time. I watched a couple of food documentaries that changed the way I think about food, and decided to try a whole new way to lose weight this time. The movies were Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, and Forks Over Knives. I did not feel like the juice fasting would be for me, but I thought the whole concept made a lot of sense. So I settled on a whole foods,plant based diet. I was a vegetarian a long time ago for about three years, but my family was not supportive, and I eventually went back to eating the same junk I always had.

I have been on the whole foods, plant based diet since March 11th, and I have lost 63 pounds so far. I still have a long way to go, but I really feel like I can do it this time. I LOVE the food I am eating, and I believe that it is better for the environment, and I know it is better for the animals!

I don't eat any animal products, I don't use oils, and I rarely eat processed food or anything with added sugar. Basically I eat fresh fruits and veggies. I also quit drinking caffeine, and drink TONS of water.

I just found this forum today, and I am super excited to have others that are trying to make themselves healthier!

Hi everyone!!!

Replies

• jjtl0811
    jjtl0811 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    63 lbs is awesome! It seems to be working for you! I wish you the best of luck. I also still have a ways to go. Keep pushing.