Anyone from Washington/Oregon

Options
I'm looking for friends from the Pacific Northwest.

It would be nice to hear about any local fitness events such as 5ks.

Thanks!

Replies

• ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Washington here, but I have not a clue on 5ks

I am just now able to do 1mile....lol
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oregon here, but same as above not quite prepared for any 5ks just yet ;)
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Seattle! I do 5k's on occassion; 2 or 3/year.
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What part of Oregon/Washington are you guys from?

I'm recently moved to Vancouver, WA from Longview and went to college over in Ellensburg, WA.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Portland, here! (I hate running! LOVE hiking trails, and we have an endless supply of those...)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Central Washington here
  • justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Seattle here! Signed up for my first 5K in September, I used/continue to use this website to see what's happening: http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?State=WA

Also looking to sign up for the 5K Turkey Trot around Greenlake :)
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Seattle, Washington right here!

You JUST missed a super cool looking 5k, the Zombie Run. I was going to participate but I was out of town.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Seattle here. There is a Seattle group and a PNW group, though I'm not sure how much traffic they get these days
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/58-seattle
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/297-mfpnw
  • tari12340
    tari12340 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bremerton WA here! A few 5K's just finished up around here...but I would think more are scheduled. The Seattle Marathon (a 5K) is in November.... For the Seattle area, here is a good site with listings: http://www.my-pang.net/applications/my-pang/information/Running-Events/Seattle-body.php

Good luck!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am in Clark County! I am doing the Color Run (In Portland) in Sept so far with some other maybe runs before that.
  • justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Seattle, Washington right here!

You JUST missed a super cool looking 5k, the Zombie Run. I was going to participate but I was out of town.

I SAW that! I just re-started my C25k and it would have been too soon. I'm hoping it happens again next year because I'll be there
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in Redmond, WA. I usually use active.com to search for events - I don't really do 5k's as I don't like to just run, but there are a good number of mud & obstacle course runs to choose from around here. I'll be at Hell Run for the 2nd time this year, Tone Loc will be performing ;)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Vantucky here. I am not a runner though. I do some mountain biking and hiking year round.
  • Jessi40
    Jessi40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Olympia WA here
    I just signed up for the 8K Lakefair for next Sat. We are going to walk it though :)
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was born in Longview, WA and lived in the Longview/ Kelso area until i was 12. Lol Now i'm in NC. I want to visit WA again!!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Eugene area
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Redmond, soon to be Renton here..
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    I am not from Washington, but my brother-in-law is doing an exteme mudder in Seattle, he and my sister live out there.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just a little outside Seattle, in Renton here. One of my friends just did the Color Run a short time ago. I'm looking forward to doing the Zombie Run and Color Run, next time they're in/near Seattle.