What time do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I turn out the light about 10:30-11pm most nights.
  • Candi_1
    Candi_1 Posts: 1
    Options
    My alarm is set for 5am but anything that happens after that is dependent on how tired I am : ). I would love to exercise twice per day (you know, get my metabolism racing morning and evening) but after work all I want to do is take a shower and relax. I just stick to early mornings because that's when I have more energy anyway.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym by 5:15, so my alarm goes off at 4:20 AM

How far away is your gym?
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I feel so lazy compared to all the 4am starts here =/ I usually exercise around midday and then take my dog straight out for a walk. I'm often up late studying since I find it easier to study then so don't get out of bed till 9ish.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have my alarm set for 4:30 but I hit snooze til about 4:45 :P
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30am to start wo at 5
  • CrankyGoatWECHANGED
    Options
    5:00 am - starting the day with a brisk hour hike or run with my dog, no one around town and birds are chirping ... very Zen like!
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    10 AM Every morning.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When my gym's lap pool is open and I'm doing morning swims and runs - yea, about 4:30am. I live about an hour from work/gym, so that gives me time to eat, pack my bag and get out the door to be at the gym by 6am.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't set an alarm to get up and exercise - it's more of, I have to be up by 7:30 to get ready for work. If I wake up by 6:30 (with no alarm), I'll roll my butt outta bed and go for a morning jog until I hear my alarm go off on my phone telling me I need to head back to the house.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    MWF I am up at 330 to be in the pool by 4:15 to swim until 5:30, so I can meet my vanpool by 6 to be at work at 7.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I dislike mornings A LOT... I have a hard enough time getting up with my alarm for work. I do my workouts at night lol
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    3:45-4am any later and I wouldn't have time and it's the only way I get it done, telling myself I'll do it after work, always fails.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    4:30... Doing P90X so it takes a while.. When I was doing Insanity I got up at 4:45..
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Today I got up @ 5 to go to the 530 boot camp class.

Normally I don't get up until 7-ish because I go @ 830 or 9 if I do jazzercise :)
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time waking up at 6:30am for work! Lol! I HIT THE GYM RIGHT AFTER WORK.. SO THATS 5:30PM!!!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 am but I'm thinking about getting up at 5 for a slightly longer workout.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Since it's summer, I get up at 5 am right now for a 6-8 am practice, and then do it one more time from 7:30-10 pm every day.... which means I usually go to bed around midnight. and then whatever else I feel like doing at night.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    I'm like you, up at 4. i have a cup of coffee, see what's on cnn and the weather channel, then i'm out the door for my exercise.

i really like this schedule.

have been thinking of a change or two (like you) that would mean getting up about the same time 3:45 or so. I'm kind of thinking that's too early, but the pressure is on me because I'm a morning workout person.

Let me know how you work this out, ok?!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If I stay at my house: I get up at 4:30 out the door at 5 to be at the gym at 6. If I stay at my friends I get up at 5:15 out the door at 5:45 to be at the gym at 6. Yes the friend lives much closer! :yawn: