What time do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see. I get up at 5:00am to go to work. I work out after work, so I get there at 4:30. Except on weekends. I will get up at 7 or 8 on weekends to work out.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:20 am to workout.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I normally workout in the evenings right after work. But this week I have been incorporating a morning workout too which has me waking up at 5 am.
  • jessjpjb
    jessjpjb Posts: 38
    Options
    I am a single mother of 3, I work 7-5 Monday thru Friday. Mornings are my time. I am an early bird! I get up at 3:10 every morning (lastest on weekend is 4-4:30) so I can have an hour to work out, then it is doing odds and ends around the house, shower and getting around for work. My daughter and I are out the door by 5:50 am, drop her off at daycare at 6;30 and to work by 6:45am....Try to fit in spurts of exercise throughought the day (I have a desk job) and then at night when we aren't at sporting events or what have you, we go for a family walk...
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Never early enough when it is hot out. I try for out the door by 6:30 am, usually don't make it until 7ish.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get up at 4:30, go to bed before 9 pm. I can't run with any less sleep, and I HATE doing stuff after work.
  • NotAlone82
    NotAlone82 Posts: 32
    Options
    About 2:30-2:45am
  • hogfan79
    hogfan79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get up at 4am to wake up and get dressed and be at the gym by 5
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, up at 4. i have a cup of coffee, see what's on cnn and the weather channel, then i'm out the door for my exercise.

i really like this schedule.

have been thinking of a change or two (like you) that would mean getting up about the same time 3:45 or so. I'm kind of thinking that's too early, but the pressure is on me because I'm a morning workout person.

Let me know how you work this out, ok?!

There's no coffee or CNN involved for me. I roll out of bed, put on my workout clothes, grab a bottle of water and head down to the basement. All of the posts make me realize it is probably worth it to get up earlier. (Dang it!!) I am a retired Marine and I NEVER got up this early. Oh well.
  • Prettylittledieter
    Options
    I'm pretty open to exercise times now that I'm on summer break, but once school starts again I'll have to get up at 4:30, work out for an hour, shower and get ready, then be out the door by 6:30. That's the program I tried to go by last year. I didn't get far and quit after a couple weeks, but now I'm at it again!

I feel your pain. I'm not a morning person, the last thing I want to do in the morning is work out haha
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    4-5am :sad:
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm an early morning exerciser. I'm up all week at 4 am and out the door to the gym by 4:30. On weekends I'm up by 7 am to get my run in before the heat kicks in.
  • jwc101
    jwc101 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30am, I'm at the gym around 4:45am. Thankfully the gym is only a few miles from my house. After the weight training I join the Spin class at 5:45 am. To me this the best time to workout. There's hardly anyone at the gym and I can monopolize all the equipment I need.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm up and out the door by 5am(sometimes earlier) I love how quiet it is and it gives me enough time to do what I need to do t the gym (or outside depending on the weather) and get ready and get to work.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    5:00 am - starting the day with a brisk hour hike or run with my dog, no one around town and birds are chirping ... very Zen like!

That's what i love about early morning workouts too. sun is just starting to rise but the stars are still out, birds are just starting to chirp, no traffic (no nothing), just calm. And the best part is that I'm about 1/2 way thru my run/walk before I wake up :happy:
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person at all. I workout in the evening around 6-7pm.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am currently getting up at 4:00 am. I have to catch a 6:30 train, so that gives me time to work out, shower and get out the door. I have been doing Chalean Extreme and have plenty of time since most workouts are less than 45 min. Now I think I want to do another round of P90X and each of those are about 55 minutes. I hate the thought that I might have to get up at 3:45!

Anyone else workout at a ridiculous hour? :ohwell:

3:45?!!! I think its great that you can get up that early, but for me that'd be ridiculous. I've considered doing my workout in the morning, but I could never get up for it. I can hardly make myself get up for work. Let along getting up an hour earlier to work out. I'm too groggy and tired. I can hardly walk to the bathroom. I do best when I workout in the evenings.
  • Casey1982
    Casey1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I dislike mornings A LOT... I have a hard enough time getting up with my alarm for work. I do my workouts at night lol

Me too! I have to be at work by 8:00 am, so I workout during my lunch break and as soon as I walk through the door after work. I like the "idea" of mornings, but I like my sleep more :)
  • Kgbrav
    Kgbrav Posts: 5
    Options
    wow, I thought I was the only dummy who got up at 4:45am, but I am considering 4:30, so I don't have such a rushed morning. I have to be out the door at 6:30am. Plus I live in Phoenix and any later is just too hot!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My alarm is set for 4:50am and 5am to ensure i get up. lol I HATE working out at night.... All I wanna do is eat, shower and sleep....but lately have been going to bed late so I'm unable to get up in the morning, So i'll do the workout at night