Any NASCAR fans out here?

meechi53
meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
I'm a SUPERFAN :-)

So I wanna know.. who's your driver? , what driver can't you stand?
Where's your 'home track" or where have you gone to races?

What do you eat?/do you feel like you get alot of excersise on a race weekend?

Me: My driver is Juan Pablo Montoya, also like Trevor Bayne. Can't stand Brad Keselowski

My current home track is Pocono but my home track in my heart is Texas Motor Speedway

I really eat less on race weekends and at the track than I do on a regular day, I get so busy I forget to eat. Also I'm up and down and all around outside, and in the pit area and then finally to my seat, up and down several times ALL those stairs. I find I'm not as tired as I was a year ago at the races.

Replies

• stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Kevin Harvick, who wrecked in front of us this weekend at the 400, Hate Juan Pablo, Sorry!

Eat horribly on race day, beer and wings. Daytona is my home track but Atlanta is my favorite.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Not a superfan, but I like to watch when it's on. Favorites would be Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon (it's a love/hate thing with him lol). Can't stand Junior or Danica. If they spent more time working on their racing game, and less time filming advertisements, they might actually win a few. I have been to races at Michigan International Speedway and Chicagoland Speedway (yeah, I was mad that Junior broke his *losing* streak in my home-state race lol).
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    our favorite driver is jeff gordon. i cannot stand kyle busch. closest track is sonoma but we love fontana. we get exercise walking all over the place and we drink and eat terrible that day.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    My favorite drive is Tony Stewart....hes got swag (used to be Bill Elliot before he stopped racing full time).

I hate Kyle Busch....he is such *****

My home track is Infineon in Sonoma.

I eat and drink what I want on race weekend because I walk like a madman before and after the race.

Buuuuut I will say

Formula 1 > MotoGP > Nascar > Indycar > NHRA > Rolex GT > American Le Mans

I watch ALL racing and go to at least 10 events a year.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I went to the Nationwide race at MIS this year and drank 3 of those frozen margarita pouches. Oy. Lol ;-)
  • Joanne_8595
    Joanne_8595 Posts: 64 Member
    Love Jimmie, Jeff, Trevor, don't like Juan or Kyle Bush. Watch all the races with my husband...
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Yep huge Jimmie fan, life stops in my house when its race time. lol Dont like Juan or either Busch boys.
    Sadly to say have never been to a race. :(
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I am and always will be till the day he retires a Dale Earnhardt Jr fan. He is my all time favorite driver. I loved his dad when he was still alive and when he passed away I started pulling for Jr. My room was a shrine for Dale Earnhardt and Dale Jr.

Driver I CANNOT stand is Kyle Bush. I just don't like his attitude or his aggressive racing.

My home track is Bristol Baby!!! Wooooo. I have been to several races. Including the one where Jr. won!!! I was beyond happy and excited that night.

I eat burgers drink me some beers and have a kick *kitten* time!!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    I prefer NHRA
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    I prefer NHRA

^ This.... But my nascar driver is Jr, and I cant stand the bush brothers or jeff gordon.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    I'm heading to NH Motor Speedway this weekend for all the events. Leaving tonight and not going back home util Sunday night . . . *And I'll be going back in Sept.

Tony Stewart fan from way back - Go Smoke - #14
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    SMOKE!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Favorite is always gonna be Jeff Gordon, don't like Montoya much... or Kyle Busch. Been to NHMS a couple times.
  • My huse is united on Team Chevorlet, but divided. JJ is my husbands, mine is Gordon. But when one is not doing too good or out of the race we cheer the other team mates on..I am still fond of M. Martin too..He is really doing well over at Waltrip this year!

Love Daytona track go to Feb race every year, but home track is the ATL..Go to that one too..Woo-hoo one more day!

We nomrally pack lots of water, peanuts, and crackers for the races..usually too hot to eat. Pack lunch meat and do a mini tailgate before race after we hit all the free stuff. I don't feel to ba about snacking on that stuff since we walk fromthe time we get there till the race and all the dang stairs..whew! Thisyear has been the first year that it hasn't killed me as bad..We will see how ATL is since I have lost a few more pounds and been exercising daily..A big difference I hope.

Oh! BTW! The busch brothers name is not top be spoken in our house..They are known as the Weasals..They are good drivers, I must admit, but they do it all wrong..bad sportsmanship..If they were more postive role models or team players they would be okay..They have a hunger to win..which is great but you gotta do the whole game..
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Love Tony Stewart ... even named my new kitten Smoke..lol

Don't like Jeff Gordon.

Definitely make sure everything that needs to be done is finished before the race starts!