Does anyone notice..

Options
13»

Replies

• nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs this year and only had one person mention anything, until tonight when I got home and my friend was over for dinner.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I get the "..oh yeah!! Now that you've mentioned it I can really tell"!!! Not that I mention it often, just when discussing food, exercise etc at work.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    People started noticing in the 15-20 lb range. Since then it's gotten a little annoying. While I love being thinner and much fitter, it's kind of a reminder that I was very overweight.
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs and I can tell by the way my clothes fit differently. But, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet. At this point, I'm more concerned with looking and feeling healthier! :-)
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This makes me nervous. I'm a pretty shy and not self confident AT ALL even when I was younger and thin(130-140lbs til I was about 21yr). I don't mind people saying "oh your losing weight.Good for you or you look nice I can tell you lost weight) that is encouraging but I've wondered about how people will treat me once the weight is gone. Sometimes as a heavier person I felt invisible which I know isn't really true) but people don't say as much to you. I sometimes wonder if that was a little of why I never minded being overweight because nobody really paid attention to me and I liked that(A LOT)...I guess it's something I'll have to learn to get used too...nobody has really said anything to me either except my mom, hubby, sister and a girl who goes to church with my parents. I have lost 26lbs and other than them I don't think anyone has noticed but I had a lot of weight to lose so I figure it won't be to noticeable until I lose about 50lbs or so.

Angel
  • Joanne_8595
    Joanne_8595 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight so gradually that I have only actually had one person notice the weight loss and that was just recently. My husband on the other hand has people commenting all the time.
  • kdfn
    kdfn Posts: 3
    Options
    if you were like me, most of the time, I would get negative comments from my mother or hubby when I had been really trying to get the weight off, so I would do the same thing. But I was told that when someone compliments you or gives you something, graciously accept it and say something like why thank you for noticing, yes, I have been working very hard to get this off. I didnt know HOW to take a compliment. My husband would always say it like a compliment but meant it being ugly....So, I guess I got used to being on the defensive. Hope some of that made sense...lol
  • kdfn
    Options
    look in your mirror and tell yourself how good you look and how proud you are of your accomplishment...you are the most important one anyway!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your comments!
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I might be an attention *kitten*, but I LOVE it when people freak out about how different I look. Those comments keep me going and propel me toward my ultimate goal (110 pounds). I have hid in my fat body for so long, I feel like a butterfly emerging. I have worked hard for each pound lost and will gladly take each and every compliment!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately as female our first weight lose seems to be just our chest then it starts to come off other places and thats when others seem to notice (since most of my freinds our girls and we don't pay attention to each others chest :laugh: )
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I might be an attention *kitten*, but I LOVE it when people freak out about how different I look. Those comments keep me going and propel me toward my ultimate goal (110 pounds). I have hid in my fat body for so long, I feel like a butterfly emerging. I have worked hard for each pound lost and will gladly take each and every compliment!

attention *kitten*, thats to funny -I'm still laughing. I <3 it.
  • kdfn
    Options
    I used my weight as a shield against unwanted advances...after all what man would give a fat woman the time of day!...lol...but then it got out of control. I have a hard time with saying anything that I think might hurt someones feelings. Like if I was asked out and I tell them no. So I just gained the weight...lol...how screwed up is that?:laugh:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    As you get smaller losses become more noticeable, hence the extra attention.

yeah, its great lol
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did FOR SURE!! The first 60lbs or so... only the people who "knew" could recognize the weight loss. Then around 85lbs I starting dropping inches like crazy and I actually skipped a couple sizes (I waited until my clothes were REALLY big on me). So the change was pretty dramatic. I've noticed though, that the smaller you are the more obvious the weight is. When I was at my largest I could gain/lose 10-15 lbs and still wear the same clothes no problem. Now that I'm a size 6 there is no way I can do that. Just being bloated means I have to pull out the 8's or the yoga pants.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

You put it PERFECTLY.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!