Just Joined, College Student on a Budget, ADD ME!!:)

Options
2»

Replies

• tborkey
    tborkey Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey! I'm 21 and also going in my senior year on college! I had my gall bladder out last winter and just let myself go since then... I need to get healthy and I'm on a budget too! Add me definitely!
  • Lilie555
    Lilie555 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HEY me too! Im 22 and just got accepted into a program I really wanted to get into.

So now I have 2 years left, and I need to be awesome in every way. :)

So add me, and lets do this!

Always looking for more supportive friends. :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm a 22 year old flat broke college student :) Definitely looking for friends near my age that are in college or grad school.
  • imannalouise
    Options
    I'm 19 and starting my second year of college in the fall! I COMPLETELY understand the budget thing, I'm moving into an apartment in August and it will be the first time I've bought and cooked my own food independently. So nervous! Nice to meet everyone :)
  • HeathyEater05
    Options
    Hey, I am 21 and graduating soon too! Feel free to add me too!
  • Jalisa4792
    Jalisa4792 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 20 going to be starting my 3rd year of college this fall. you can add me
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I added you as well, I'll be a sophomore and am trying to get rid of these 15+ pounds from my freshman year! Ugh, but it'll happen, good luck! :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and I just started my senior year of college. I will also be graduating next May :)
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a 21 year old college student, graduating next May as well :] Eating healthy on a budget is something I can totally relate to! Anyone can feel free to add me, I always need new ideas about eating healthy on a budget.
  • whitbunny1992
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old college student, who needs to drop a few lbs. i have gret self esteem but for healthy reasons i need to loose. hopefully i can find friends on here and once we all reach our goals we could take a trip to vegas or something! plz add me
  • charbear94
    charbear94 Posts: 43
    Options
    hi there, I am a senior in college and totally understand the budget thing lol I would love to add you as a MFP pal!
  • strongpaw
    strongpaw Posts: 3
    Options
    been on here for a maybe 3 weeks and love this site, discovered that my tight budget in college hardly allows the calories I need to gain weight :/ feel free to add
  • schmoogie813
    schmoogie813 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I start my junior year in August, feel free to add me.
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also 22 and in college. I often fall victim to the cheap unhealthy food a the grocery store:( But with the help of MFP I am getting back to healthy eating. Let's be friends!!
  • lhulberg
    lhulberg Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, guys! I usually just use MFP to track my food and exercise, but it would be nice to have friends on here too!
    In October I joined a martial arts gym and I work out an average of 8-12 hours per week now. Kickboxing, pilates, mixed martial arts/street fighting and Brazilian jiu jitsu.... I'm totally addicted!! 8-)
  • parisiantwyst
    Options
    Trying to do the same thing! Feel free to add me!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hey all. i'm going into my first year of grad school like a few others on here. feel free to add me as well! best of luck to everyone and their goals
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    My suggestion would be buying a crock pot, and making healthy food in bulk that you can freeze. If you have a meal plan at school, I would suggest making your own salads/ sandwiches from the salad bar and getting as much fresh fruit as possible. My now husband used MFP in college and that was basically the only way he survived. You do not necessarily need to limit carbs, but make sure to eat enough protein, so that you do not get hungry...

Oh, and also drink lots of water :-) Hope this helps!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Im in my 3rd/last year of undergrad. Im on a budget too...hence having to bust my bum to graduate a year early. Then on to grad school! woo! Everyone feel free to add me!!! We all need positive support systems from others who are in the same boat!