I'm lame, don't add me!

Options
_Christine_
_Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
Okay, so I’m not new to MFP. Under my avatar box it says I’ve been here since Jan 2011. I tried counting that on my fingers but I ran out of them. So it must be a long time. I’ve also posted a few times in the threads, but just ignore all that.

My name’s Christine, you can call me _Christine_. :wink:

I’m thirty *cough* years old.

I have kids; three actually, a set of twins just for fun. I wish I could blame them for my weight gain or the 12-years I sat at a desk job, but I did this to myself. :ohwell:

I’m here for the accountability. Not that I want everyone to yell at me for not working out that day or tell me great job when I do. Matter of fact what I really like is seeing others log their workouts. I’m a little competitive. Not like, “I can bench press more than you Wimpy McWimpster.” But like, “Yay, they broke a sweat, I should too.” (Side note, I can bench press a 3-year old, that’s my limit. So chances are everyone on this site has me beat.)

This is where I was going to add pros and cons to being my friend, but the cons list was twice as long as the pros list so I deleted that part.

So anyway, if you like lame chicks who know more about the Marvel Universe then her own… add me.

*And for my old friends: I tried. I really did. I sat down yesterday and started to delete everyone. I was going to just use MFP for food and exercise logging and no more socializing. And then I deleted someone I could never re-friend and I felt instant regret. <sigh>

I didn’t log anything yesterday… so it appears I need y’all for accountability and awesomeness. ‘Cause the truth is I’m totally lacking in both areas.

Sorry for that. <sniff> Looks like I’m here to stay.

Replies

• joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    you have sparked my interest
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    *big hugs*

Glad you stayed gorgeous.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I got your back Christine! Your are pretty *kitten* awesome in my book! <3
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I will request you just because i have twins too. Seriously though stop being so hard on yourself this losing weight stuff is hard and at least you are here now give yourself credit for that.
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Christine,

You can add me if you would like. I have been on a hiatus for a while and just got back on. So I know the feeling. The only thing you can do is keep plugging away and if it works it works but it will only work if you want it to.
  • ginaporterfieldhall
    Options
    :smile: HI CHRISTINE. GOOD LUCK, I'M HERE BECAUSE I'M DESPERATE TO LOSE WEIGHT. I ALSO NEED THE ACCOUNTABILITY. I'M 46 HAVE 4 CHILDREN AND AM RAISING A GRANDCHILD. I'M ABOUT 150LBS OVER WEIGHT, SOME OF THAT WAS BABY FAT. LOL AND SOME WAS CANCER., I'M ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE WHO CAN GET CANCER AND GAIN 80LBS. WISH ME LUCK, AND I'LL TALK WITH YOU AGAIN SOON. THE BROWN RICE......YUCK HAS TO BE TAKEN OFF THE STOVE.
    GINA
  • heleddheywood
    Options
    hi christine :-) I've joined up here months ago and have only just started using it, procrastination is my middle name! I also have 3 kids, well, 2 stepsons who live with me and my other half and our little lad. My main problem appears to be my inherent dishonesty of what I consume and seeing it all written down has kept me away this long. Who knew bread had that many calories, sheesh! anyways, my motivation is that we're off on holiday in 5 weeks and i don't want to feel lumpy bumpy wobbly and miserable. I've started exercising again the past few weeks as I quit all forms of movement when I was pregnant and my son is now almost 16 months old. Managed to lose a bit of weight breastfeeding but the last bit is obviously gonna take some effort!

anyways, i'd best log off for now as it's late and i'm not good in the mornings ;-)

Best wishes,
    Heledd xxx
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    she's lying. she's awesome.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    she's lying. she's awesome.

Eh... :wink:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    lmao. I thought we were already friends. Guess I must've offended. :P
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    She is f**king awesome!!!! So glad you stayed!!! :flowerforyou:
  • _Christine_
    Options
    lmao. I thought we were already friends. Guess I must've offended. :P

Heck no! I just thought I was going to shut down. Not gonna happen!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Yay Christine!! So glad you came to your senses, you pinhead(:heart: )!!
    Now I will dance around in my socks to celebrate...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • _Christine_
    Options
    I'm so glad y'all have such low standards. Thank you. ;)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    \z/ we have low standards for ourselves but expect a lot out of YOU mwahzz \m/
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    don't give up =]
  • _Christine_
    Options
    I keep getting friend request. Did no one read the title?
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Too bad you don't want any friends I think you sound like you'd be a good one.... oh, well.....

ok, invite sent :)
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    What the heck is wrong with knowing about the marvel universe? NOTHING!!! lol :smile:
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    To begin with... your hair is BREATHTAKING. I have major hair envy. (salutes **Major Hair Envy**)

Secondly: I will not send you a request because you do not want it. But you are most welcome to send me one.

That is all.