? for the moms

2»

Replies

• MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Once I stop breastfeeding, they stop styaing in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. All of my sons know that our room is off limits!!
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    My son is 1 so he doesn't understand, but normally he isn't in our room either. We do have a TV in our room but rarely watch it in there. My son is usually in the office ( in his playpen ) when hubby and I are busy (I recently graduated and hubby is working on his degree), other than that we are in the living room. The only time he is in his room is when he is napping or sleeping.
  • Toys aren't allowed in our room. In our 5 bedroom house they have 4 bedrooms and a playroom they can play in. They don't need our room.

Same here. Toys are not allowed in our room but the little one can come in and cuddle.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    I'm with you. I devote myself to my kids all day, but am smart enough to separate myself from them. Night time is my time or mommy and daddy time. The kids may have been conceived there, but they ain't welcome there now.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    The only time the kids sleep with us is when they are sick. Other than that, they know they have to sleep in their own rooms.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I love having the little one cuddle in bed with me so no, I do not care if I have kids in my room but I get your point of view
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    I'm with you. I devote myself to my kids all day, but am smart enough to separate myself from them. Night time is my time or mommy and daddy time. The kids may have been conceived there, but they ain't welcome there now.

Amen!!!!!!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I'm a crunchy granola mom so my view point will be entirely different than most. All my kids co slept with me. I often wake up with my 4 year old pushing me out of bed. We play fight there. Have snuggle fests before bedtime there. I bought a super huge bed just for this reason.
    I consider that they are children for such a small time. If they have a need - its my job and privledged to fulfill it. If that includes them snuggling in after a bad dream - great.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    we don't have a TV or anything in our room - strictly for sleeping - but there is a well known rule that you KNOCK first and then wait for an OK.

we've said in no uncertain terms that if you just barge in, there's no guarantee what you'll walk into and for teenagers...that should be enough trauma-thought to assure they'll knock and wait.

eek, no kids in parents room.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    they have no toys in my room. I'll let them in after a bad night, or if they are sick. They come in and cuddle for a few minutes on weekend mornings.
    But that's about the extent of it.
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    I'm not really to cuddly or fuzzie my wife is cuddly enough to the kids for the both of us and some. My hell raisers just aren't welcome, besides I don't go in there room either because its there space. I'm the strict bad guy parent, lmao