New Here

Options
Hello! 28 year old mom new to MyFitnessPal. I <3 the app soo much! It makes me feel so much more accountable and motivated to achieve my goals! It does help that I am already so committed to getting the body back that I used to have 5+ years ago and get out of this body that feels so foreign! Ideally I am wanting to lose at least 20 pounds but would be ecstatic if I could hit a 40 pound loss. Anywhere in between those numbers I would be happy with though! =]

Looking forward to making friends with people of similar goals. I use the app so much more than I am able to get on the computer. Feel free to send me a friend request if you are looking for a new friend! =]

Replies

• MagnoliaBliss
    MagnoliaBliss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in :heart: with the app too. My daughter shared it with me, I shared it with my sister and my best friend. I'm sure they're sharing it with people to. Like you, I'll use the app more than the web site, but both are awesome.
  • adoane1
    adoane1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am in :heart: with the app too. My daughter shared it with me, I shared it with my sister and my best friend. I'm sure they're sharing it with people to. Like you, I'll use the app more than the web site, but both are awesome.

:smile:
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I love this app/website as well! I joined a year ago, but haven't gotten serious until now. It's really holding me accountable for what I eat, how much I exercise. Plus I do like to see the progress. Good luck to you!!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    And congrats on the baby!
  • SwingDancer27
    SwingDancer27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Don't give up, and you can do it!! :)
  • deamh
    deamh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to use the app also. I have had an account for awhile, but am getting serious NOW! I have hit the weight (again) that I said I'd never see again. So....here I go! I think the app. will really help me "journal" my food and exercise easier. Would love to lose twenty pounds and get back to what I was before kids (my youngest is six!) I'm there with ya!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! Sending a request now :) you can do this!
  • feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Good luck on your goal, you can do it!!
  • Morgan103084
    Options
    HI! i too am a mom to a newbie, i'm looking to lose 30 lbs and get my booty back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. congrats on your little one, and i would love to motivate each other towards our goal. i'll send you a request.
  • jbbattles
    jbbattles Posts: 19
    Options
    Today's my third day...a coworker told me about this website since I have a Blackberry, not an Iphone. My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in two weeks. I know I won't lose that much between now and then but it's a start. I'm also turning 49 in two weeks, and have a 5 month old granddaughter. I'm doing good on eating healthy as but my downfall is portion control and getting enough exercise. Hopefully this will help me track both better. My middle son is a health nut and is also motivating me a lot.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Would like to Welcome you to MFP..It is a Great site. I have been with them since April.. I have lost 5 lbs since I have been using the site.. You will meet alot of people and get alot of support and motivation on here as well. Add me as your friend if you wish,:love:
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    anyone who would like to....feel free to add me. I try to make a point of commenting and being very supportive
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome! My daughter shared the site with me also and I love it! You are so right about the accountable part! :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    just sent you a request
  • momjulia101
    momjulia101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here and decided to join after getting tired of counting WW points. I lost weight before having kids on WW, but looking back on it was pretty hungry most of the time and had a hard time keeping it off. Since having both of my kids (youngest almost 2), I've tried going back on WW, but always lose track of the points and have come to a major plateau. I have about 10 lbs leftover from my first pregnancy that I still need to lose. This app seems easier to follow, and I couldn't believe one of my favorite recipes from my Deceptively Delicious cookbook was actually in the database! :)

(Just realized I put my post in the wrong place, sorry about that!)