Boobs after weight loss

Options
So my boobs are currently a C/D cup, and, to my horror, are a little 'saggy'.
I know they're not going to be naturally up around my neck at that size, but I've lost about 10kg in about 8 months (without doing anything, hence me now actually deciding to put in effort and see what happens!) so they've... sagged a little, as they've gotten slightly smaller.

I am looking to lose about 10-15kg so 20-30 pounds.

Obviously I'd rather keep my boobs, but if I lose some of them in order to get into a bikini then so be it. But what I am concerned with is having the left over gross saggy stuff. I know I'm not huge so it won't be a massive difference, but does anyone have any tips? Because at this rate I'm saving up for a breast lift type thing!

Thank you! xx

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a DD to a C and still have 40 pounds to lose.

I've been looking into surgery.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    do you lift? I know it will not solve the problem completely, but I have gone down almost a full cup size and I do not have the sag issue (yet) I still have about 30 lbs to go.

Chest flies, Push Ups, Rowing ETC.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well, I've gone from a 42G to a 38E and mine look better now than they did. I don't expect them to get much smaller than a DD though - even if I drop another 50 lbs.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My cup size went up. I went from a 40G to a 38H. *shrugs*
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

Makes a lot of sense and was what always used to happen to me. As the band size gets smaller, the same cup size is actually smaller in volume. So, a 38D is smaller than a 40D strictly in the cup size. So, if your band size is smaller and your cup size went up, that means that your breast volume stayed the same while your rib cage got smaller.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It happens! Mine have suffered dreadfully. Find yourself a good supportive bra and if you do decide to have an uplift don't cut costs by having surgery at some dodgy clinic abroad.
  • lyttlewon
    Options

Makes a lot of sense and was what always used to happen to me. As the band size gets smaller, the same cup size is actually smaller in volume. So, a 38D is smaller than a 40D strictly in the cup size. So, if your band size is smaller and your cup size went up, that means that your breast volume stayed the same while your rib cage got smaller.

I don't think I am going to lose much breast volume. I have been down another 20 lbs less than I am now and lost very little cup size. I don't really gain weight in my boobs either though. They grew with pregnancy and that was about it.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Has anyone here had surgery? I just don't know if it's something I should be doing at 19 that's all!
    But in saying that, I WANT PERKY BOOBS!!!!!!! :(
  • lyttlewon
    Options
    Has anyone here had surgery? I just don't know if it's something I should be doing at 19 that's all!

If you plan on having children I would not do it at 19. Pregnancy will make you grow. When I was approved for my reduction they recommended I be finished with having kids.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Yeah I know I have to factor in things like that, but being this age I want to look it too!
    I suppose I'll just have to wait to see what happens once I've gotten to my goal weight.

Does anyone know the costs of a breast lift though? I've tried googling different surgeries but can't find an answer.
    I know it would differentiate between each client, but just a rough estimate would help immensely!

Thank you all xx
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    Give your body some time to adjust to being smaller. I can't tell you from my own experience (as I haven't lost the weight yet) but a friend who lost over 100 lbs tells me it took a few months but her boobs perked back up after awhile.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

If you plan on having children I would not do it at 19. Pregnancy will make you grow. When I was approved for my reduction they recommended I be finished with having kids.

I spoke to my plastic surgeon about it (although breasts are totally not his area) and he said that at some point implants have to be replaced, and given women are having children a lot later these days, pregnancy would probably coincide with needing a new set, unless the OP just went for an uplift, in which case... well, yeah. Also, consider that there's no guarantee you'll be able to breastfeed afterward. This doesn't bother me at all as I already plan to have my children raised as I was, by unfeeling strangers, but if you're the crunchy type who's into breastfeeding and all that funny stuff, you might find that you regret having had the surgery.

That aside, he was pretty adamant that there's no point having any kind of post-weight loss surgery until after you've maintained for at least a year so I didn't pursue it any further.
  • shereemaria
    shereemaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but here's my story:
    Moving from 250 to 200 at 22YO - some shrinkage, no sag
    Moving from 200 to 160 at 26YO - some shrinkage, no sag
    Moving from 175 to 150 at 31YO - holy **** just cut them off OMG OMG sad deflating balloons OMG gross
    ~ the end ~
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    That aside, he was pretty adamant that there's no point having any kind of post-weight loss surgery until after you've maintained for at least a year so I didn't pursue it any further.

I have to agree with this. Don't stress out about it until you hit your goals. Even still, I would wait until I'm done having kids. I'm probably going to need a lift, but I'm waiting until I fix the damage done by pregnancy and maintain for awhile. My sister lost 100 pounds, got pregnant, had the baby, and gained 115 pounds during pregnancy. So if she had gotten a lift, it wouldn't have been worth it.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    From a DD to small C. Flaaaap jacks yum. Lmfao. I don't care tho, I still look better than before 100%.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    check out jillian's workout she's an expert in boobs workout!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't what they used to be either after 100 pounds gone. Do strength workouts that include your pec muscles.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know I have to factor in things like that, but being this age I want to look it too!
    I suppose I'll just have to wait to see what happens once I've gotten to my goal weight.

Does anyone know the costs of a breast lift though? I've tried googling different surgeries but can't find an answer.
    I know it would differentiate between each client, but just a rough estimate would help immensely!

Thank you all xx

I think generally it's around 7-10k

There are weight lifting excercises that you can do that specifically help to perk up boobs. My husband is teaching them to me because getting saggy boobies was one of my first fears, lol.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options

I spoke to my plastic surgeon about it (although breasts are totally not his area) and he said that at some point implants have to be replaced, and given women are having children a lot later these days, pregnancy would probably coincide with needing a new set, unless the OP just went for an uplift, in which case... well, yeah. Also, consider that there's no guarantee you'll be able to breastfeed afterward. This doesn't bother me at all as I already plan to have my children raised as I was, by unfeeling strangers, but if you're the crunchy type who's into breastfeeding and all that funny stuff, you might find that you regret having had the surgery.

I had a reduction at 19 yrs old. If u want the story PM me, lol, don't want to post all that here.
    Ps...also breast fed both my kids post op
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    do you lift? I know it will not solve the problem completely, but I have gone down almost a full cup size and I do not have the sag issue (yet) I still have about 30 lbs to go.

Chest flies, Push Ups, Rowing ETC.

i definitely think upper-body weight training makes a difference in "sag"! i've gone from a D cup to a large B cup so far, and i use light dumbbells and body-weight exercises to tone my upper body. i notice that my boobs have held up better than those of some friends who have only used cardio to lose weight or who do not exercise at all.

i'm not sure if this works the same way for everyone, but it's worth a try! best of luck :)