Screw you cracked, and upcoming milestones.

Options
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/fat-officially-incurable-according-to-science/

Per Cracked my weight loss is temporary and I will gain everything back.

I am going to buck the odds. I am going to do this. Sure I had a crappy day today (Damn you Cool Ranch Doritos at 120 calories for a freaking oz. Seriously, I could eat butter straight for less calories). Sure I have stumbled, but since I've been on here I'm a bathroom break away from 70 lbs down. And this isn't coming back.

So far on the 140 days I've been here, I've managed to go from 'The fattest guy at work' to 'That fat guy at work'. I'm able to almost jog. I'm riding a bike. I feel 1000 times better, I'm no longer a social hermit and pariah and honestly feel better then I have in decades.

Things I'm looking forward to.

343 - Hitting 72 lbs lost, which will put me at 1/3 to goal weight since joining MFP.
320 - Being lower then I graduated high school, and lower then I've ever been as an adult.
307 - Halfway to Goal since joining MFP.
299 - Twoderland!! (What, its a thing damn it.)
286 - Half the weight of my heaviest size ever. (I will be uploading a video of me singing STPs - Creep, just so I can sing the line 'Half the man I used to be')
275 - Being Obese, not morbidly obese.
271 - 2/3 to goal weight since joining MFP.
150 - Thigh gaps*

*Disclaimer, that is so not going to happen. That is not a goal of mine. I just find the term 'thigh gaps' hilarious.

Replies

• Adrianne619
    Options
    Awesome commitment! Congrats on results so far, and I love your sense of humor and perserverance!! Keep up the amazing work -- and keep sharing!
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options

150 - Thigh gaps*

*Disclaimer, that is so not going to happen. That is not a goal of mine. I just find the term 'thigh gaps' hilarious.

This is why I like you lol

I think Cracked is on Crack and you totally got this.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    loved the post!! the things your looking forward to are hilarious, and great acheivements!! keep posting as you continue ur journey!!!
  • MsDivineM
    MsDivineM Posts: 48
    Options
    Babe, you can do it! Keep up the great job!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Cracked is whack yo.

And let me know if there's anything I can do to be sure this happens:
    286 - Half the weight of my heaviest size ever. (I will be uploading a video of me singing STPs - Creep, just so I can sing the line 'Half the man I used to be')
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    You have the best of both worlds motivation and a great sense of humor. Keep up the great work I know how it is to find all that tempting:) Get it knock it down and make it work :)
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Love your humor and your outlook on this. Looking forward to seeing more updates from you :smile: Keep on with this attitude and you will achieve all you set out to achieve
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Howie, you're awesome and the thigh gaps comment cracked me up!
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

(And if it helps, one of my goals is "HOLY F*CKING *kitten* MY THIGHS AREN'T RUBBING TOGETHER." Really.)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps...that made me tingle

*smoochies* You're awesome
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I grew up in upstate NY. The only thing that kept me warm walking to school (uphills, both ways in the snow, true story) was the friction from my thighs rubbing together in corduroy pants. (It was the 80's deal)
  • Roger8086
    Roger8086 Posts: 16
    Options
    Amen on the "screw you cracked" commentary. Also, your thigh gaps remark made me chuckle. I sincerely hope we BOTH can achieve our goals of becoming half the men we used to be.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cracked usually has good articles, but that one was worthless.
    Basically, the point of it was that most people don't keep working out/eating healthy after they lose weight. They go, "WOOHOO! NOW I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT!" for so long, they end up back at square one. There is no biology behind it, just psychology. And yeah, I was one of those people...twice...

Third time is the charm, baby!
    And you're doing AWESOME, keep it up!!! You will succeed!! :flowerforyou:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Way to commit man! Yes the five year failure statistics are crazy high, but that still leaves hundreds, if not thousands of people every year who lose and keep it off. You've done amazing so far, and it looks like you're doing it steadily and sensibly too. You may well be one of those who really do buck the odds! Keep fightin!
  • windsower
    windsower Posts: 2
    Options
    Dude, one it's Cracked... anyhow you and I are in this time for the long haul... Look at my facebook tag, I did 1.98 miles today in 1hr28 mins... I know that's not a record, but it's the most continuous exercise I've willingly partaken of in 10 years. I stopped four times for the whole journey I walked from my house, and was leaving thinking... I'm going to go get a doughnut at Krispy Kreme, I got to toys R us, and realized I didn't want a frakking doughnut. I went inside and kept walking, bought a nerf shotgun, and then walked to the piercers. I stopped my clock on mapmyrun for 10 minutes getting stretching plugs, then I moved on out and walked the rest of the way home .98mi with a single brief (less than a minute stop). YOU started this, and WE are going to finish this. We'll submit our photo's to cracked with nice big frakk you in 5 years.