Concert tomorrow - How to not over do it?

Options
I have a concert tomorrow night.
I know I will do alright in the morning.

But I can garuntee a drink or two at the concert, and seeing as I will be there from 5pm - 11pm I will be eating there ( and I already know theres no healthy food!)

How are some ways to not do damage to my loss?!

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    eat before you go... if they have unbuttered popcorn that's a good snack... :) can you sneak in some small things like string cheese or nuts and raisins?
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What kind of concert is it? You could always get up and dance to burn some extra calories! :D
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    Nope - no food allowed - and only one bottle of sealed water.
    Sadly, they want you to spend your money on their crap not bring healthy stuff!
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    It's Nickelback haha! I will be up but not dancing (Its outdoor but Im in seats = theres no room to move let alone dance)
  • Emibear426
    Options
    This is what I do, if you have pockets take along some trail mix or some small snack for when you go. And eat before you go too, you said the concert is at 5... you can have dinner then and not be too hungry later! :D That is what I would do, hehe just some friendly advice!
  • Emibear426
    Options
    What kind of concert is it? You could always get up and dance to burn some extra calories! :D

That is a WONDERFUL idea! :D
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Work out hard before hand so you have those extra calories to splurge!
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eat as healithy before you go.. and eat right before you go in so you will eat as little as possible while at the concert. Avoid sauces and extra things that add lots of calories for basically nothing. And exercise before you go to add more calories you can eat.. Good luck. :)
  • PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eat big before you go. Chances are you'll be standing the whole time so get your groove on. Maybe you can get up and walk around between the opening act. You could probably get away with sneaking in a protein bar in your purse. If questioned, just tell them you're hypoglycemic.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As a vegan, I sneak food into concerts a LOT, actually, because otherwise I would be stuck eating french fries all day. Try some Luna or Clif Bars, a baggie of nuts, and a PB&J sandwich if you're feeling bold, in your purse. Honestly, most concert venues put it on their website that food isn't allowed but once you get there they don't do anything about it. You're more likely to sneak bars inside than sandwiches, but I've never had a problem... and if someone does stop me, I usually pull out my "I have special dietary needs" line. As far as the water goes... just bring your one bottle, but refill it with the water fountain. Easy peasy!
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nope - no food allowed - and only one bottle of sealed water.
    Sadly, they want you to spend your money on their crap not bring healthy stuff!

This is when you use the whole, "OH! I have a giant purse, I totally forgot that *insert snack here* was at the bottom" excuse! Hehe :) Doubt they'll even check though. Judging by the concerts I've been too, they just look on the top and if they don't see anything wrong, they don't bother digging. So that would be what I'd do! I'd also fill up right before going in and then if you're still hungry, get a small snack there, and eat when you get out!
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    lol great ideas! But the venue - Ive been to it - and seen this band 2 other times - Security must be tougher here!!

Becuase they pat down, metal detectors, and dump purses and go through it all haha. And Ive watched cameras be thrown out when they werent allows, and food, and its pretty sad. Pay so much for a concert and get everything taken away.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    But thanks for all the adivce!!

Ill be sure to get in a workout - and eat before I go!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    lol great ideas! But the venue - Ive been to it - and seen this band 2 other times - Security must be tougher here!!

Becuase they pat down, metal detectors, and dump purses and go through it all haha. And Ive watched cameras be thrown out when they werent allows, and food, and its pretty sad. Pay so much for a concert and get everything taken away.
    Ah, in that case, eat big before you go, keep a meal in the car for when you get out, refill your water bottle a lot while you're in there and just try to make the best choices you can while you're inside. Concert food in general tends to be pretty abysmal...