Running 10km a day at 8% incline doing a 800 calorie deficit

Options
Help...................................Not losing any weight over last two weeks

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    14 lbs to go, weight loss will be slow, and you will experience plateaus, best to just power through it, keep a moderate deficit, and stay the course, you'll break through eventually. What you shouldn't do (IMHO at this point at least) is change your routine. if this continues for another month, then maybe you should consider mixing things up, but for now, I would just continue on as you're doing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Try eating a larger breakfast to kick start your metabolism, I noticed your diary showed virtually no breakfast at all. This is the most important meal of the day, especially if you are trying to loose weight. Try eating breakfast for a while while continuing your workout and see if it helps, I'm guessing it will.

You should also eat more often and smaller meals, I notice you skip lunch every day and pile on the cals at supper. try spreading the cals out evenly throughout the day
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Eric. Spread the food out and your metabolism will thank you for it :) You must be starving by dinner time!
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been consistently running 4-6 times a week and sometimes more for over a year now and I've found that my body has gotten really used to running and I don't see the drastic results I saw in the beginning. My advice would be to change up your running routine. Add in some sprints. Alternate running about 1mph faster than your norm for 1 minute intervals. You can also do the same with hills. Increase your incline for 1 minute intervals. I also really enjoy doing the spin bike and that has helped me alot! Sometimes I'll go spin really hard and then jump on the treadmill and it gives me an extra boost and warms me up to push harder on my run!
  • JenniferHarron
    Options
    Thankyou everyone.............
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I too, agree with Erick. From your food log, it seems like you're not getting enough nutritious foods in your diet. Plus, skimping on breakfast and lunch isn't going to help your body. You don't want it going into starvation mode, so I suggest getting some whole foods and fruits, veggies and protein.