C25k

Options
Just wondering if anyone here has started/finished the program.
I am on week 5. I am building up to start training for a half marathon.
I am doing my first long run (5miles) next Saturday.

Replies

• SemperFi91
    SemperFi91 Posts: 169
    Options
    I just finished W3D1 and I am loving it! I would like to be an official runner. =)
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Options
    Yay! I see you have lost quite a bit of weight too. Congratulations ;)
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just finished W3D1 and I am loving it! I would like to be an official runner. =)

You already are.
  • lauleipop
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone here has started/finished the program.
    I am on week 5. I am building up to start training for a half marathon.
    I am doing my first long run (5miles) next Saturday.

Congrats on becoming a runner. There is a multitude of people on here working this program.

Good luck training with your half! It is a very fun distance.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Added it to my Jillian Michael's 90 day Total Body Revolution. I need to step it up, and running helps! I found that I can jog longer than what the program tells you too.

Good luck!
  • SemperFi91
    Options
    Thank you! Also since ive been watching what ive been eating and adding c25k the weights been melting off me! =) BTW all you ladies are beautiful.
  • Elle_45
    Options
    Thank you.

I went to Oklahoma City with my friend back in April, she did the half and I did my very first 5k.
    I was hooked. I am not fast, more like building endurance right now, but I love it.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i got a question, i havent done c25k exactly but i have gone to the gym and run on the tredmill since march and im still having a hard time with 3 miles and yet people can run faster and longer then me...should i try the c25k program now or just hang in there with the tredmill
  • SemperFi91
    Options
    Actually ive been doing the c25 on the treadmill i just put it on an incline of 1 so its equivilent to running outside though running outside is good.
  • lauleipop
    Options
    i got a question, i havent done c25k exactly but i have gone to the gym and run on the tredmill since march and im still having a hard time with 3 miles and yet people can run faster and longer then me...should i try the c25k program now or just hang in there with the tredmill

Everybody adapts to running differently. Honestly, I struggle with 1 mile on a treadmill because I can't get the stride right. I have to run outdoors to run comfortably. You might consider that change.

I recommend C25k for anybody. If you can already run several miles, you can adjust the program some, or just start in the middle. Something important to remember about running is that slow in the beginning is better. Speed comes with time for most people. I've been running several years and have taken 3 minutes off my average mile. As I added more miles I was able to run faster because the conditioning was there to support additional speed.
  • selig0730
    Options
    Actually ive been doing the c25 on the treadmill i just put it on an incline of 1 so its equivilent to running outside though running outside is good.

should i keep doing the tredmill and run, or try the c25k program on the tredmill/outside
  • selig0730
    Options

Everybody adapts to running differently. Honestly, I struggle with 1 mile on a treadmill because I can't get the stride right. I have to run outdoors to run comfortably. You might consider that change.

I recommend C25k for anybody. If you can already run several miles, you can adjust the program some, or just start in the middle. Something important to remember about running is that slow in the beginning is better. Speed comes with time for most people. I've been running several years and have taken 3 minutes off my average mile. As I added more miles I was able to run faster because the conditioning was there to support additional speed.

ok great thanks thats helps alot, i have lowered by time lately though :)
  • Elle_45
    Options
    I can't do it on a treadmill or on an indoor track.
    I have tried it all and outside is best for me do do what works
    for you.
  • selig0730
    Options
    i havent tried outside that much but i should give it a shot
  • SemperFi91
    Options
    I dont run outside due to the neighborhood i live in so i enjoy it on the treadmill i would suggest you try in on the treadmill since you already running on it. lol
  • amontoya06
    amontoya06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've gotten up to week 6 back in December. I recently started again but Im in ok shape so instead of the 20 minutes it says to do, I can do the whole hour of it. Great way to ease back into running! I highly recommend it. good luck to anyone starting it and continuing it through the whole 9 weeks :)!