Lists of how to stop yourself

Options
from resulting to stuffing yourself with food because your lonely and bored.....GO!

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Read the success stories on MFP!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    exercise. drink water.
    look at thinspiration.
    talk to a friend about your feelings.
    rubber band on the wrist.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dont buy it. it's hard to eat it if you havent bought it
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Kill the food. Throw it in the bin and then drown it in vinegar or salt.

Trust me on the second part. I once ate garbage pastries because I was totally rationalising that they were in a packet and my bin only had the pastries and some vegetable peels and an empty cheese wrapper in it.
  • baabaabetsy
    Options
    Exercise. Sounds awful but when I feel like snacking from boredom I work out. Keeps me busy and suppressed the appetite! Even just going for a walk helps, but usually I just throw on workout clothes and a workout video and keep busy with that! Works every time :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    address why you are lonely and bored instead of just ignoring the feelings by eating....
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    address why you are lonely and bored instead of just ignoring the feelings by eating....

Truth
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    chew gum
    drink water
    work out
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I stop myself from nibbling at night time by brushing my teeth. Everything taste awful after you brush your teeth!!
    Keeping a food diary has made me more accountable for what I eat, so I try and behave myself.
    As someone else said, exercise!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options

Truth

This
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I boredom snack in the afternoons at work and at the weekends so I plan healthy snacks and don't take my wallet to work and I plan to do stuff at the weekend so i don't get bored.
    bikerides, shopping, walks, visit friends new hobby etc.

I'm never home in the evenings ( teaching hulahooping, learning poledancing, teaching science) so I don't generally snack then
    but i do find if i store food in easy reach ( i on my desk at work or in my bedroom / by the couch it's more likely to get eaten. if you have to have something measure (yes measure /weigh you will overestimate by eye) 1 portion then seal the packet well ( to make it a effort to open it)

i.e i make flapjack and freeze ( individualy) it so i i have to defrost it before i have it - anything to stop mindless eating!

good luck
  • ricardo2navarro
    Options
    If you want to get to your goal bad enough, that will do it. If not, Chug water, excercise, drink coffe or green tea, have breakfast a little later in the morning, have more smaller meals throughout the day, Try IF, have more Protein, Chew gum, or simply have some willpower! I love eating , so i just eat foods that are filling and try to keep myself distracted till my next meal!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you want to get to your goal bad enough, that will do it. If not, Chug water, excercise, drink coffe or green tea, have breakfast a little later in the morning, have more smaller meals throughout the day, Try IF, have more Protein, Chew gum, or simply have some willpower! I love eating , so i just eat foods that are filling and try to keep myself distracted till my next meal!

excuse the dummy
    IF?
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Get outside and go for a walk.