How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight?

Options

Replies

• donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight? usually i make bow chicka wow wow noises then gyrate in a circle around them and yeah it seems alittle awkward for them but hey thats just how i roll

I'm so gona do this next time around! :laugh:
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ask if they want to help me look for it. That's what you do when you lose things, right?

bahahaha... love it.

the only person who has told me i've lost weight is my husband (because i've only lost a couple pounds)

in the past i've said, "Really?? Thanks!! I've been trying to eat better and exercise.. I use this site called My Fitness Pal... etc etc"
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm like "Oh Pssshhhhhhh"...and then usually when they ask, they are like, "you're gonna stop losing weight now, right?" or "you're getting too skinny"..... it gets irritating...I usually just say I'm not really trying to lose weight to keep them off my back.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I punch them in the stomach and yell "How dare you!"

I really just smile and say thanks.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My doctor asked me " Do you know you have lost over 50 lbs? "
    Me " Oh, I was wearing my winter coat when the nurse weighed me"

I usually just smile and say I haven't lost any weight.

@ op
    I not sure if your pictures are right on your profile. I don't see any belly there. Great job young lady! :)

Aw :D thank you haha
    I'm holding off right now saying a comment like " if only you could see it when I sit down" or something lol
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How do you react when someone notices you have lost weight? usually i make bow chicka wow wow noises then gyrate in a circle around them and yeah it seems alittle awkward for them but hey thats just how i roll

Love it! My NEW response will be this! :D

When people comment on how small I've become I usually say thanks, but then follow it with telling them it is a work in progress!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I had someone this week at work comment on my weight loss and I thanked them- then they announced they had also lost 25 lbs which I had not noticed but could see once they pointed it out. That was a little awkward.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

Love it! My NEW response will be this! :D

When people comment on how small I've become I usually say thanks, but then follow it with telling them it is a work in progress!

woah well done on the 141lb loss! You must get lots of comments as you look amazing!
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15lbs in 2009-2010, and I've been much the same weight since then, but I think my mum remembers me fat - every time I go home to visit she says 'oh, you've lost weight again, how much do you weigh now?' I'm like - 'um, the same as last time you saw me...' I think she has a mental image of me as heavier that she hasn't managed to change so it's just annoying now!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    depending on how it's said ( and assessment of any underlying sarcasm), I smile and accept the compliment graciously...after all, it's hard work that got me here.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Oh man I love your style - love it, love it, love it! go you! x
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I always "yeah, but I've got a long way to go" and then usually change the subject. I had a friend come over yesterday who I hadn't seen for about a month, and she said "you've lost more weight, haven't you, you can tell", then I felt awkward as she kept on looking at my stomach and then I could see her breathing in all the time! haha. x
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I smile and say Thank you ;) Then I write it down, for when i feel low... Its my pick me up journal ;)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    say thanks.
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just say, im not half way there yet! ... :-) Long way to go!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    All my friends and family know I am losing weight, MFP updates my Facebook page and I am proud of what I am acheiving. I usually get "wow, you can really see how much weight you've lost now" followed by "so how much have you lost so far?"
    It took 30lb before the first person noticed I'd lost some weight so I enjoy it, it spurs me on :drinker:
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    "Keep watching"... Oh BTW, "Thank you..*smiles*"
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I tell them "Thanks, it's even more impressive naked, you know what I'm saying?" Then I kinda stare at them. Really awkward at work, especially since it's mainly guys who have noticed so far...

--P
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    _57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just deny it or say "I haven't lost THAT much".