wouldn't it be awesome if MFP had chat like FB

2»

Replies

• tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Also, you can just use something like TinyChat, me and some friends used to use it on here .

Enter the chat if you are bored!

http://tinychat.com/w0twv
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    since we have little control over who is on site here and might be subject to constant chats I would pass
    I am generally a grumpy old man I dont have hundreds of friends on facebook or on here as my definition of friend is obviously different than some
    I share info and converse with friends I dont just collect them
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'd love it...but I'd like for it to be optional like on some sites and not an "automatic log in" like FB. That I don't like - sometimes I'm in the mood for a chat and sometimes I'm just checking in quickly and don't want to be bothered.

As for those who think it's too "social" around here, there are other forums that are for fitness, for success, etc. This is the chit-chat board and it's MEANT to be fun/social in this side. If you don't like the "social" side, then why come over here? Stay on the "serious" side of MFP and you can stick to just weight loss/diet and nothing but weight loss/diet. :flowerforyou:

I enjoy the social aspect of the site, but if I want to chat with someone, I'll get on yahoo messenger. There's other forums for fitness, etc? Obviously. Just as there are obviously other sites and services for chatting.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    I would rather be able to upload pix in forums without photobucket...

this
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Yeah, because I don't spend near enough time on here now.

lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    My inbox gets loaded daily (and I do answer). Part of the reason I like MFP is because there isn't chat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    I quit Facebook over a year ago. I like MFP just the way it is.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    NO

Stop trying to turn this awesome site into the garbage that is Facebook.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    I'd love it...but I'd like for it to be optional like on some sites and not an "automatic log in" like FB. That I don't like - sometimes I'm in the mood for a chat and sometimes I'm just checking in quickly and don't want to be bothered.

As for those who think it's too "social" around here, there are other forums that are for fitness, for success, etc. This is the chit-chat board and it's MEANT to be fun/social in this side. If you don't like the "social" side, then why come over here? Stay on the "serious" side of MFP and you can stick to just weight loss/diet and nothing but weight loss/diet. :flowerforyou:

Totally.

I do think we definitely need a like button though! And maybe MAYBE sharing picture on the feed, but we can always post links so it's not the end of the world.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Yes please
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,796 Member
    I see pros and cons to it.....honestly why not just add them to an IM or text them or whatever.... I am sure there are other ways to work around the reply and send :) hehe
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    It wouldn't make a difference to me at all because all the instant chat programs are turned off with me, anyway. Facebook, Gmail...it all just bothers me when people jump at me as soon as I log on.