Graze Boxes (UK)

Options
Do any of you UKers get Graze boxes delievered to home or work? Or have you before?

So for those of you who don't know, Graze was started by 7 friends who found they couldn't eat the healthy food they loved at work so decided to build a kitchen and source natural foods and post them to people either at home or work. The boxes are £3.79 each and have free delivery.

I've had them a few times in the past and been happy 'grazing' away on the snacks over the course of the day. This was when the company first started up and there weren't so many food choices - more just fruit and nuts. Anywho, in my boohoo delivery was a flyer for your first box free at graze.com so I thought I'd give them another go.

I received an email yesterday to say that my graze box had been prepared and would arrive today. Did I want a sneak peak as to what I would be getting? Yes please! So I excitedly clicked the link and saw my goodies.

Graze - Chilli & Lime Pistachios
Graze - Apricot Torte (Belgian dark chocolate apricots with green and jumbo raisins)
Graze - Smokey Red Pepper Gazpacho Dip with Wholemeal Crisp Bread Slices
Graze - Honeycomb Flapjack (with milk chocolate)

I found that helpfully most of the graze products are on MFP so I didn't have to copy over all the details. I then went back to my food diary to assess the damage my snacking for today would be and my jaw hit the floor!

634 calories of which 70 carbs 35 fat and 11 protein. So much for healthy!?

You cannot choose what exactly is in your box but you can rate the different snacks in Bin, Try, Like and Love. This is supposed to help how they choose which items you get. I guess if you binned all the obvious bad snacks, such as the above flapjack (239 cals for 3 tiny pieces!) and just leave the healthier options then it might be okay.. The Gazpacho Dip is only 55 calories.

So it was exciting to get my box through the post, and it contained things I might not normally choose, but for a days grazing it's a big no no. However it does mean that I now have a handy snack sized punnet to have each day for 4 days.

What's your experience with them like?

If anyone wants to give them a try, go to graze.com and if you enter the voucher code MMH9THDD then your first box is free and I believe your second is half price.

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This is the reason why I haven't signed up, looking at the options online they all looked a little higher in calories than I would like. I did think about getting one for the week but haven't done so yet.

Would be interested to hear if they are tasty and more importantly filling before I take the plunge!

That is a serious amount of fat though, I normally get about 50 g from a full days food.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I had assumed it was a week's grazing, not a day's. Very expensive per kg for the convenience.

Do you benefit if we use the voucher code ?
  • sunshinebee
    Options
    I didn't put the code there to benefit myself - it is to benefit those who want to try Graze, as it gives you a box for free. I think I get a pound off my next box, but seeing as I live in Spain I won't actually use it. Only back in the UK for 2 weeks recovering from a back injury and with plenty of time on my hands, sat on my bum, I came across Graze again.

I believe they are meant to be daily boxes. It even suggests buying 2 per day somewhere on the website!!
  • sunshinebee
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I get graze boxes every 2 weeks just for a little treat. I eat it over 4 days though. A small snack a day, that way you can control what goes in and fully enjoy them just causually picking at one snack a day, not all in one go!
    I've never seen on the website suggesting 2 boxes a day! That a bit extream i think, i've only see it say 2 a week as a suggestion..
    Most of the things i've had so far have been super yummy and stuff i've never even considered trying.
    It think its a good way to learn which seads, nuts.. ect, go together well. Deffinately worth a try since you get a first box free!
  • johnsd8
    johnsd8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    They were a big craze in my office about 6 months ago, but people soon got bored and now they have all stopped ordering them and reverted back to the usual Doughnut and Cookie options :) Most people found that they only liked one or two of the options and they ended up eating more because the Graze box was there.

Debs
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tried them in the past and liked the products. However, it's a lot cheaper to buy dried fruit, nuts, seeds etc. from the shops and snack on those - then you can control the portion size better too.

I guess it's a healthy alternative to those who are used to snacking on crisps, sweets, chocolate bars and sugary drinks.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You can choose lighter options.

I did have them for a bit but stopped as I was finding that it was forcing me to snack more than I wanted as I knew another box was coming.

What I originally thought would be a nice variety turned into some nice ones and some disappointment when selections were not as good as I hoped.

They are an expensive treat with the advantage of portion control when compared to buying the snacks in the larger bags the supermarkets provide
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I dont buy them as I just end up eating all 4 punnets in one sitting!! A girl at work gets them and then she has one a day...i'm not that controlled!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bck when they started about 5 years ago they used to do fresh fruit but the postal strike put an end to that.

I loved them ( so much so i got my new office hooked when i moved jobs) but not they are expesive and do nothing for my willpower.

I used them as a subsute for lunch post workout and they were nice.

If they were cheaper and i could make then last i'd go back to them.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I get the "light box" all the snacks are between 54 and 146 calories. If you choose Nutrition Box it gives you the option to choose a light box, that way there are no nasty calorie surprises :happy:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Bck when they started about 5 years ago they used to do fresh fruit but the postal strike put an end to that.

They're expensive but were great when I was super lazy about my snack options ... now do it myself to save pounds & £££
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I get 1 box a week, they actually arrive while I am at a spin class and they are my treat to me.
    They are varied and calorie counted
    You can select from Nibble Boxeswhich are treaty or from one of the nutritional range - Eatwell, Boost or Light
    I love them
  • sarablythesmith
    sarablythesmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They aren't daily snacks. They are meant to last the week as a little treat.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love my Graze boxes! I get the light boxes sent weekly, and I think the variety is brilliant. They aren't the cheapest things in the world, but it would cost me more to buy the parts individually as I would have to buy them in bulk.
    The breakfast porridges they do are brilliant too! They're re-launching their breakfast range with granola bars and muesli and I can't wait to try them
    If anyone wants to try a box for free, my friend code is JACKW67CP