Is it normal?

Options
I started MFP on Sunday and I have already lost 2 lbs. (I couldn't resist the scale) Is it normal/ok to lose that much in the first 2 days? Or could it be my body is just pleased that along with MFP I am making healthier choices? Or water weight?

Any thoughts would help! I don't want to discount my progress but I want to make sure I keep with realistic expectations.

Thanks!

Replies

• cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    don't expect to lose that much all of the time! it''s probably a combination of things, but good job! That's encouraging. The key here is consistency. Try to stay off the scale as much as possible and measure instead. =)
  • sirmandic
    sirmandic Posts: 2
    Options
    Water and salt. The more salt you have in you, the more water your body retains.
    Check this link:
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_salt.php
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Most people see large drops in weight the first week or two when changing their lifestyle. It won't continue unfortunately.

You are probably dropping the excess water weight and will begin to see fat loss soon.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Also, it can be times of day etc. Within a day I can gain and lose up to 3 lbs. . .
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It is normal as most people drop some water weight initionally. However, that doesn't mean you should dismiss it, it's still an accomplishment and improvment! It means you're eating better and drinking more water which is a good thing!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I always lose a lot in the beginning and then it gradually slows down... & try to stay away from the scale. IT'S THE DEVIL I TELL YA! It goes up and down and have you so confused. Just keep eating right & exercising and only get on the scale every other week. Thats just my advice :flowerforyou:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Lost 7 pounds the first week and then gain 4... now get slower to dont move... it's hell on earth!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yep! Perfectly normal. Expect to level out at 2 lbs or less per week.
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I had a long day at work and was totally gonna order pizza. I didn't give in! Tilapia it is!