Watermelon

Options
tlaker
tlaker Posts: 82 Member
do you log when you eat watermelon since basically it is water???....when i logged in a cups worth its about 50 calories and to me that seems a bit much and i'm sure you would burn it right away..... let me know what yall think!

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I do log it, and I was also surprised at how many calories it was! I try to log everything.... it just keeps me more honest in the end!
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    I always log it as I tend to have watermelon for lunch or dinner so I don't have just a cap :laugh:
    However be cautious! Watermelon is not just water... it has a lot of sugar which is translated into carbs! So don't over do it :)
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Bite it Write it ~ that is my motto :happy:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Fruit, vegetables, that little bit of peanut butter I stole. The slice of cheese I stuffed in my mouth. The piece of candy I ate. Unless it's just plain old water every thing you stuff in your mouth has calories regardless as to whether or not it's "good and healthy" calories. Yes you can eat a lot more of the healthy calories but not logging them is very counter productive.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    yes, i log it. I love that i can eat a whole cup and its only 50 cals, so to me it doesnt seem like a lot. Watermelon and i believe pineapple are the two fruits with the highest sugar count.

LOVE watermelon this time of year!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is mostly water, with the rest sugar. Tons of sugar in watermelon.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I log it, but I also eat about 13 oz a day which is a little over a 100 calories.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I log it. Gotta keep tabs on the sugar! :)
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For sure--Watermelon is loaded with sugar, as are most fruits. I'll admit though, I never log:

1) Cucumber (I usually eat about 4-5 thin slices in a sitting)
    2) Gum
    3) My first cup of coffee
    4) Any multivitamin

All these things as so low cal that I feel psycho running to add them to MFP. It's like adding a walk to the kitchen as "exercise".
  • jweatherfordart
    jweatherfordart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is loaded with sugar hence the 50 calories. I have always avoided it bc of this but had some for the first time in years and loved it! Good Luck!
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! i will log it! :)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    a quick google search will show watermelon being 6% sugar, the rest water (for the most part). Carbs as well. A serving of watermelon has less sugar than an apple, cherries, oranges, peaches, grapes, etc....(as per google).
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Bite it Write it ~ that is my motto :happy:

Absolutely this!!! It isn't water and it DOES have calories.

Mmmm I do love watermelon....