Run Disney - playlist?

Options
kace406
kace406 Posts: 80 Member
I signed up yesterday for the Disney Princess half! I have my first 10K in 2 weeks and then 7 months to prepare for my first half marathon. For inspiration, I'd like to add some Disney songs to my running playlist. Any suggestions?

Anyone else doing the Princess half?

Replies

• T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That sounds like so much fun!! I would suggest "Under the Sea" definitely, and also "Be Our Guest"...both have a pretty quick beat!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hmm I need a certain BPM in running songs so not sure how much disney would work, but the first thing that comes to mind is the "be a man" song from mulan. :P Also maybe the "one jump ahead" song from aladdin? Good luck!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That one song, "I need a hero" was on the Hercules soundtrack! I have it on my playlist, and I love it.
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Almost there from The Princess and the Frog and One Jump from Aladdin
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    Tikki Room
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Hakuna Matata and I Just Can't Wait to be King from the Lion King.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "When We're Human" from Princess and the Frog
    "I Want To Be Like You" from the Jungle Book
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm making a list!

I, for some reason, could only come up with songs from Jungle Book when I was thinking about it yesterday and that's not even one of my favorites. Thanks for jogging my memory!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to have Disney Mania 1 (gift from my 12th birthday lol) and it had a bunch of Disney songs redone by popular singers/ bands. Smash Mouth did I Wan'na Be Like You from the Jungle Book and I really liked their version. I really wish I knew where that cd was now lol. Bare Necessities is another good one from that movie too.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Those Poor! Un! Fortunate! Soulssssssssssssssssssssss
  • nikknyc
    nikknyc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up for the Princess half, but my job is all over the place and I won't be able to get off in time. I have a playlist on Spotify called "If You Have Haters, You're Doing Something Right"

I'm a huge Disney fan so you'll see a lot of influence there, among other great songs that get me through my workouts. My username is nikknyc on there too.
  • robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My wife and I ran the Disney Marathon Weekend half together and then she ran the Disney Princess Half, but her playlist was not Disney Music :( I personally don't like running that long with music, for 5ks I do, but at Disney races they have things every mile that entertain you a little so you don't terribly need music.

Good luck and have fun. They put on some great races, with some amazing hardware for finishing!