Push-Up Challenge

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
I recently saw a challenge (and joined) for 100 crunches a day.

Well here's one for puch-ups! I want to have strong, toned arms, and this is my way to do it. And the check-ins are very important for me, otherwise I may not stick with it. And I believe in doing things slowly and not making large leaps into fitness.

Here's the challenge:

Every day for the first week: 10 (for me, I'll be tarting from my knees).
2nd week: 15
3rd week: 20
4th week: switch from your knees to your toes and start at at 5
5th: 10
6th: 15
7th: 20
8th: 25
9th: 30
10th: 35

In two months we'll be masters! And keep going from there!

Tank top season is fast approaching. Who's with me?!?!?!?

Replies

• kimberjones
    Options
    Congrats on the challenge! I hope it works out for you!

:flowerforyou:
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    I'm in! You may have to remind me to check in lol :)
  • jalara
    Options
    Not a problem Sunshine!
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'll join you, My motivation has been waning lately so I need at least a little bit of a kick in the rear. :tongue: Sounds like fun...Perhaps I will do both crunches and pushups---hmmm.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for that 100 crunches challenge. This is going to be much harder for me then the crunches. I have the weakest arms! I have NEVER done even 1 pull up in my entire life. I was the chubby kid that just hung there on the bar when in PE class in grade school. To actually be able to do a real push up and actually go all the way down and back up without falling to the floor would be amazing. So the modified slow start is perfect for me! Hey maybe with this I might be able to do a pull up eventually too.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I'm in! I just signed up for the 100 crunches challenge as well! I'm better at things when I'm challenged! :bigsmile:
    Thanks!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    I'm in! You may have to remind me to check in lol :)

I will have to keep you on your toes
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but I'm using this program http://hundredpushups.com as a training gauge.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in too if that's ok. I was in a push-up group that dwindled away so hope I can continue here.

Push-ups today again...

Week 1 day 3 column 3
    15 (barely)
    17!

On to week 2!
    I'm in, but I'm using this program http://hundredpushups.com as a training gauge.

This is the program I'm using also! I am doing standard form p/u's and am trying to keep advancing with out hurting myself. Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I managed 35 total yesterday! (6, 6, 4, 4, 15 - NO idea where that 15 came from, I could barely do 11 on Saturday.)
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey Sunshine - Congrats on the progress. Your muscle memory may be starting to kick in.

My fiance has joined me in the challenge, and we haven't missed a day yet. How is everyone else doing?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    haven't missed a day--however I sure am getting a pain on my left side. I guess I really am lopsided muscle wise. Any one else feeling the burn?
  • JustJessie
    Options
    Ok I'm going to admit it. I was completely lazy this weekend due to going out for my B-Day all weekend. So I started fresh yesterday. I did my grocery shopping and printed up a folder of challenges with calenders to keep track of it all. (I am one of those types that like lists and seeing things written out :smile: ) So I started the 100 push ups (http://hundredpushups.com/), 200 squats (http://www.twohundredsquats.com/), and couch25k from the beginning again. I'm going to throw in 200 sit ups (http://www.twohundredsitups.com/) soon I think too. These holidays are a killer to my motivation and staying consistant. But I'm staying optimistic I think I'm back on track!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Just finished today's, 6, 8, 6, 6, and then I did TWENTY in the exhaustion round! I was seeing sparkles by the end but I feel really powerful right now, because I'm starting to reclaim some of what I used to be able to do.

I also noticed that as I get more fatigued I have a tendency to shift the weight on my palms slightly, so the weight is on the outside of my hand more than the thumb side. Anyone know if this is bad? Once I noticed I started focusing on distributing the weight evenly across my palms, I'm curious to see if that might be why my endurance was so low.
  • jalara
    Options
    I'm glad to hear everyone is doing wells so far!

JustJes82 - those are some serious challenges you're doing! I did 3 set of 8 reps of squats 2 days ago........ I can't imagine 200 in one day! Yowsers! Good for you!
  • JustJessie
    Options
    Well the 100 and 200 challenges are definitely the end result of many weeks. I will admit my arms are sore today and from the 25 squats I was able to do in my last set my thighs are hurting just to get up and down out of my office chair. I'm sticking with day 1's exercise for the push ups for right now because yesterday when I attempted it I wasn't bending my arms enough to count the push ups as a full one. But I stuck with it and still did the 2,3,2,2 then 4 for my max. It was killing me but I'm excited to be staying on track even though it is only going on day three :smile: I have a long way to go to get to the 100 push ups and 200 squats.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I did my sets for today but I made a big mistake and did them AFTER running up and down the stairs in my dorm. Roomie and me decided to go down to the ground floor and do sets of up two, down one, until we got to our floor on the down - and our floor is eleven.