WHAT CHINESE DISH CAN I EAT THATS NOT CALORIFIC?

Options
EmsyGoal
EmsyGoal Posts: 11
I know it would be easier not to eat the chinese but heading out for meal and don't want to sabotage weight loss....any suggestions?

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    tea...

Oh, did you want food, too? Well then go easy on the rice, nothing breaded, and lots of veggies. The sauce will likely have tons of sodium. chicken & broccoli is usually on the menu, as would scallops or shrimp. Skip the egg rolls. Wonton or egg drop would probably be the lighter fat/cal soup options, too. Spicy is said to boost metabolism, and might make it harder to eat a lot of it too?

Enjoy!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Steamed veggies.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Fried rice. Plain.
  • smifford
    smifford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Shrimp with veggies, steamed rice
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    What is calorific? Some of the Lo Meins are kind of low calorie.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    tea
    lol!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    maybe look for more authentic Chinese which would include freshly prepared items on the menu. i don't know where you are, but American Chinese is nothing at all like authentic Chinese. It's all fattied up!

in the event you can't find authentic Chinese, find the thing that seems the most fresh and lively. or share a plate with someone.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Steamed rice? Soup?
    Steamed veggies?
    Tofu or veggie dishes....
    Maybe BBQ Pork.....

Good luck! Allow yourself to indulge a bit of course! Or just work out harder tomorrow! :)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to whatever you like, and eat only half. That way you can treat yourself, and a little bit won't hurt you.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Terriaki [insert random meat here] or even [meat usually chicken] and brocolli. Take it easy on the rice.
    Steer away from sesame, general, and kung pao anything.
    Good luck
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I don't know of any that aren't calorie-dense but what I usually do when I go to a buffet is eat very small portions of two or three different items. I can usually net my cals for that meal around 500. Trick is I need to drink lots of water after due to the sodium.
  • EmsyGoal
    EmsyGoal Posts: 11
    Options
    Now that sounds nice!! thank you

Shrimp with veggies, steamed rice
    [/quote]
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've ordered steamed chicken with mixed veggies and steamed rice. Only eat about 1/4 to 1/3 of the dish. It's not the most appealing looking plate, but it tastes good with some soy sauce. I ordered this last Friday night at the local take out place and made 3 meals out of it. Good luck!
  • trudance4
    trudance4 Posts: 75
    Options
    I know Beef/Chicken in Blackbean sauce is around 350Kcals and then boiled rice :)

Trudy x
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    King Prawn chow mein is pretty low in sodium. Calries are ok too. Drink plenty of water after your meal.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Broccoli
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most of the soups are okay. Wonton soup, hot and sour... Then get steamed brown rice, steamed veggies with chicken or shrimp. Ask for sauce on the side and use sparingly.
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anything not fried and brown rice is always better option.

Chicken or shrimp and broccoli is lower in calories. You could always ask for the sauce on the side depending on how strict you are being that meal. Most places will have a vegetable and protein dish of come combination that you may like. A lot of places will also steam the dish if you ask- and most of the soups aren't too bad either.

Stay away from dishes like General Tsao's, Lo mein, egg rolls, and fried rices.

Good luck!! It's definitely possible to enjoy it and just pick healthier things. (I also find if I decide what I want before I go in, I won't be tempted to eat all the high fat delicious things on the menu!)
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I usually do Broccoli in Garlic Sauce with White Rice. Lots of good veggies. The Garlic Sauce is kinda oily usually, but I try to drain most of it off and only have 1/2 cup of rice. I love it and eat it often.
  • Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    http://nutritionfor.us/2012/02/fast-food-friday-skinny-szechuan-chicken-with-noodles/ << Szechuan Chicken With Noodles

Friggen Delicious! It's my fall back dish. I used angel hair pasta instead of rice noodles because I'm cool like that. :glasses: