WHAT CHINESE DISH CAN I EAT THATS NOT CALORIFIC?

Options

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I was just surprised to find out that "calorific" is actually a real work. It sounds so weird to me. I say "caloric." Calorific sounds like a portmanteau of "calorie" and "terrific." This general tso's chicken is calorific!!!!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli, string bean chicken, steamed veggies.
  • babsbrack
    babsbrack Posts: 20
    Options
    Hot and sour soup :P yummy and low calorie too
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    order an entree with no breading, ask for it steamed, and get the sauce on the side. that way you can dip your fork in it (like salad dressing) before taking your bite.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    beef broccoli
  • djeff41
    djeff41 Posts: 28
    Options
    Treat yourself to whatever you like, and eat only half. That way you can treat yourself, and a little bit won't hurt you.

This is what I would do as well.
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's saying the same thing but steamed veggies and meat. Snow peas and shrimp is pretty simple and low in calories.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want just stay within your calorie allotment or exercise to burn your overage.

I agree - eat less than you would (maybe have a healthy snack before you go so your not starving)

Enjoy yourself (you have to be able to live life and diet)

Up the exercise before and after (just walk - if you can not do anything else)

Diane
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese but i stay away from it except for once in a blue moon, when we do go I get steamed chicken or shrimp and broccoli no sauce and ill throw some hot sauce on it .. super yummy :}
  • charmingcee
    charmingcee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sushi!!!! Wait, Is that Chinese???
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    moo goo gai pan is usually pretty good.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Tofu wrapped in sea weed dipped in celery juice....
    Or just enjoy what you want, then take a walk later.:drinker:
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    beef & broccoli with no rice or any other meat dish that is NOT fried

Szechuan Veggies, no rice

chicken lettuce wraps

I try to go to places that have published nutrition facts, like P.F. Changs, then you can pick out something low cal beforehand. There are some smaller chain places too.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If you're going to a GOOD chinese place, not lika Panda Express or something, just ask them to take it easy on the sauce and to use minimal oil. If you're a low carber, skip the rice and stick with something like Chicken and Broccoli. Most importantly, don't wolf it down. If you take longer to eat, you won't eat as much.

Enjoy! I love some good chinese food :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    order a steamed dish with sauce on the side.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tofu and steamed veggies!
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The restaurant I eat at has a diet menu that is basically dishes prepared without the sauce. I usually get the veggies & scallops & only eat half the rice. Maybe you could ask for a dish with no sauce?
  • putzer73
    putzer73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thats what I say too:)
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    creamofsomeyoungguy
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Many Chinese Restaurants offer (diet) steamed dishes with no sauce. You could get steamed chicken or shrimp with vegetables and brown rice and use a tablespoon of sauce from another dish (garlic sauce perhaps) to just season it a little. The Chinese Cabbage / Vinegar Slaw is good too.