The 3:30 Feeling at work

2»

Replies

• arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    I pack my lunch, eat half before my lunch break, work out during my lunch break (just enough to break a little sweat) and eat the other half of my lunch after the break is over. I work a desk job so this works really well. And I really want to specify that my lunch work outs do not count as my regular work outs. If it's nice outside I'll take a walk around the neighborhood, or go to a nearby park for pushups, situps, lunges etc. It keeps me energized through out the entire day.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    I always save the more active jobs for that time in the afternoon. Anything that requires me to get up from my desk and do something. I appreciate that this isn't possible for some people with demanding jobs. Or even going on a trip to the toilet (the furthest from my desk) or to the kitchen to get some drinks. Anything that stops me staring mindlessly at the computer screen which is guaranteed to make me feel like I'm falling asleep! :)
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    STARBUCKS!!! It's my afternoon treat and I can usually keep it under 150 calories
  • I keep a tub of low cal/low sugar protein shake (it's a soy based one from Holland & Barrett) in my locker at work, and have one about 3:30-4 on days that I work out.

It's chocolate flavoured (so I can try to avoid eating some of the biscuits that someone in my team inevitably buys at that time of day) and I feel like it's given me a whole lot more energy at the gym - and stops me being so wrecked/grumpy/exhausted when I get home. I do not function well on an empty stomach!

I think that it may be designed to have post-work out, but this has been working for me! :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Once I shifted my diet to eliminating as much processed foods as I could and eating a lot healthier in general, I noticed a significant difference in sustained energy thru out my day. It is the rare, rare occasion when I get tired in the afternoon.
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    Your post sounded like s setup for an advertisement for 5-hour energy "for when you have that 2:30 feeling". :laugh:

I have some cottage cheese and an apple around that time. It perks me right up.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    A cup of green tea usually works if I get a bit fatigued. I'm all for instituting siesta at work.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Oooh man, me too afternoons I always feel really drowsy around 4pm. I don't like to snack between meals and I generally aim to keep caffeine to the morning but a walk around the block helps or maybe just nap if I'm at home.

I have also tried barocca and other supplements which (even though I'm a total cynic) seem to help. I also just accept that it's perfectly natural to have slumps in energy during the day especially when I don't get my 8 hours mid week (oddly weekends when I lay in - I tend to feel fine in the afternoons). It could also be a boredom thing ...
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Have two breakfasts and a late lunch (around 2).