Exercising and Eating Good ... but no weight shift.

I have been eating good and exercising daily - walk/jog 2.3 miles every day faithfully. But the scale is doing absolutely NOTHING!! I have a lot of weight to lose ... I'm classified in the morbidly obese catagory. I'm 5' 71/2" .. weigh 235. I thought it would be coming off a little bit more. I understand the "It took a while to put it on -- gonna take a while to take it off" theory. What else can I do to kick it in gear???

Replies

• Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Very hard to say without seeing your diary and more detail what your exercise regime entails?
  • suffy7
    suffy7 Posts: 11
    I opened my diary ... please take a look.
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Hi Suffy,

I am in week 6 of my training plan - my diet is under control (most of the time!) and i exercise 4/5 days out of 7... i haven't lost anything! i can see definition in my legs and butt now, still have plenty of wobble on the belly and hips though!

there are loads of factors for weightloss - age, build, metabolism etc etc... as Kara says without seeing your food diary it's difficult to call!
  • Kara_xxx
    You've only been logging since Sunday 8th July, that's 3.5 days... is that correct? I didn't see any logging for the days prior to then.

You're probably not going to see a huge amount of progress in such a short space of time?

Something I noticed is that you could do with a better protein to carb ratio. That way you may also feel fuller for longer.
  • Kara_xxx
    General things which have helped me are:

- drinking lots of water (not soft drinks... water!)
    - reducing added sugar
    - less bread, pasta, rice, potatoes
    - more vegetables
    - more lean meats & fish
    - weighing portion sizes, not guessing
    - doing something for 45 mins every day, even if it's just walking

hope this helps.
  • suffy7
    suffy7 Posts: 11
    No --- I have been logging longer than that!Since about June 18. I wonder why it isn't showing up. i don't drink pop (only on rare occasion).... only water.
  • Kara_xxx
    ah... there were a few days missing and when I went back even further they started again.

My general observation would be that you could get a lot more "bang for your buck" by making better choices... For example one day your dinner was nothing but vanilla custard 500+ cals worth... a third of your allowance on sugary gloop with next to no nutritional substance. For 500+ cals you could have had a chicken breast with 3 veg and you would have probably still had 'spare change' for a piece of dark chocolate.