Please share any info on protein and calories.

Options
I need ideas for low calorie, high protein foods. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Replies

• lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    meat, cottage cheese, tofu, greek yogurt (OMG the fruit on the bottom Okios is to die for !), edamame (roasted in the oven is the best !)

edited to add OH yeah my diet staple lately... FISH !!!
  • sistasledge101
    Options
    canned tuna(light and in water)!! and cheap!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    White fish (cod, etc). is full of protean with few cals. Don't cook it in oil - or bread it - however.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    eggs, egg whites
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Turkey sausage patties! They're great and 110 calories for 2! You can mash it up to put in your eggs as "ground beef" or just eat them as patties. Tasty too!
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Boneless, skinless, grilled chicken breast is where it's at. Depending on the brand, calories range from 100 to 130 with 23 to 32 grams of protein per 4oz serving. Buy fresh over frozen to cut down on sodium as well.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The three best sources of high protein, low cal is lean meats (chicken or fish) and soy. Some veggies, such as asparagus, is also high in protein.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    eggs, egg whites

came in to say this.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I rely on- Chicken breast, turkey patties, eggs!!, almonds, sunflower kernals, aspargus, cheese and protein shakes ( I use 6star brand whey protien the triple chocolate is to die for!! walmart only 15 bucks for the bottle lasts me a whole month and i drink them about 1-2 times a day) Feel free to take a look at my diary its open :-) Im on a high protein/fiber diet with moderate carbs (no more than 85 a day).

Good luck!
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The three best sources of high protein, low cal is lean meats (chicken or fish) and soy. Some veggies, such as asparagus, is also high in protein.

3-5 grams per serving cup of asparagus isn't exactly what I'd consider high, but yeah, veggies do have some protein in them, and are generally low-cal and low-carb.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    canned tuna(light and in water)!! and cheap!

Canned chicken is also good. There is a bread called Smart White which is 50 calories each.

Also try making protein shakes!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use a high protein low calorie low sugar protein shake. Its around 290 calories i can get 45grams of protein. It works good for me since i leave at 7 am and get home at 10 pm. I also eat 3 egg whites with my lunch and a turkey burger for breakfast.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts, fish, egg whites, beans, cottage cheese.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    For protein I currently eat chicken, chicken eggs, turkey, turkey eggs, tuna, perch, various cheeses, yogurt, soy milk, and protein bars. I'm considering eating tofu again (love!) but I prefer it fried and that just adds a lot of fat to it. I'm also considering adding nuts back into my diet, like almonds, peanuts, etc...I just turn into a pig when it comes to nuts, so I don't know.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    egg whites, fish, chicken breast, beans nuts :)
    Google is your firend do a search for high protien foods & you will get a list & can pick what you like!
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the sodium content of any canned foods (even fish and chicken). It's sometimes through the roof!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    meat, cottage cheese, tofu, greek yogurt (OMG the fruit on the bottom Okios is to die for !), edamame (roasted in the oven is the best !)

edited to add OH yeah my diet staple lately... FISH !!!

Also prefer the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt! It's so much creamier than other brands, and it's usually one of the less expensive ones, as well.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check the sodium content of any canned foods (even fish and chicken). It's sometimes through the roof!

Agreed! I'm finding that anything packaged is often pretty high in sodium!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Cream Cheese Pancakes

Makes 4 6" pancakes
    INGREDIENTS:
    2 oz cream cheese (I used light)
    2 whole eggs
    1 packet stevia sweetener
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Put all in the blender or magic bullet, then let it settle for 2 minutes, pour into pan and cook same as pancakes...Then garnish with sugar free syrup and berries....344 calories, 29g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 17g protein.

These are a great high protein breakfast and a nice change from a lot of eggy breakfasts as they do really taste like regular flour pancakes, without the carbs!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    these sound awesome !