35lb Down

Options
traveller888
traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
I hear about and am inspired by those people who have lost 50, 100, or more pounds. I only thought I needed to loose about 10-15, but looking at pictures, I realized it was more. I was active, I ate pretty healthy...just didn't do enough of either. I had a big celebration on New Year's Eve 2008 and realized the next day I was going to make my first NY resolution ever. And it stuck. We don't have a fitness center and I live in northern Michigan, so some things were out for the winter (but skiing and snowshoeing were definately in!); I bought a Wii Fit and started at it.
k1.jpg

By April of that year I lost almost 20 lbs, went to Puerto Rico, and felt great.
k12.jpg

By summer I was down over 25lbs and it was nice to have compliments, but the next winter the weight started to come back. Some of it was winter, some of it was lost will. I met and married my husband in that time and, while still active, I started to loose control of my eating and not paying attention. I gained back almost 15 lbs.
k15.jpg

I lost some of it for my wedding, but then I found this site. I had heard it was best to control your weight by writing down what you ate, but it was too hard to know what the portion was, what was in it, and what it was doing to me. So I got a kitchen scale, got on this program, and usually ate within my means, including what I exercised.

Now I'm down 22 lbs since December and maintaining. I lost close to 40lbs from what I was a few years ago. I walk, I hike, I garden, and I do Wii Fit...something everyday. I eat better and stay active. I wanted to maintain and change my diet...not diet. I also wanted to make sure my exercising was something I could keep up with (kudos to all of you insanity, pdx90, and others who can do that!) overtime and maintain. They were pretty simple things really that became habits.
BK2.jpg

Here's to all of you who decided to change, who started, who are doing it, and who continue to do it! Congrats!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!