Please help! Scale not budging!

Options
I am about to throw my scale out the window. For the last few weeks it keeps saying 170.8, 170.8, 170.8, 170.8!!!!!!!!!! How is it that every time it is saying the EXACT same #?

I have been having a food deficit every day. I do weights at the gym 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week, rest on Sundays. I know my diet is not perfect but I really am trying.

When I have lost weight before I ate crap, but stayed under my calories and lost 2 lbs per week consistently. Why is it when I am trying to eat healthier that I am not seeing results? I refuse to give up, but I have been so wanting to see 169 (my first mini goal) and I am completely frustrated.

I thought for sure by now I would be in the low 160s :sad:

Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would suggest opening your food diary so that others can take a look and give you specific advice.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I would suggest opening your food diary so that others can take a look and give you specific advice.

yes, this was the first thing i tried to do but couldn't
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat at or above your calorie goal for a few days then go back down to what you are at now.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Ok so I just made the diary public. I realize it is not perfect but it is so much better than it was in the past when I would still lose as long as my calories were at 1500.

Thanks!!
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Stop obsessing over the scale. Measure other things to see if you are making progress. Be patient. The results will be there in the long run.
  • anjordan77
    Options
    The cardio exercise estimates you burn more calories than you actually do at least when comparing to my Garmin which uses the Heart Rate to calculate my calories burned. this program assumes i burned 867 calories running this morning but i really only burned about 600...perhaps this is the problem? Also, if you are just starting to build your muscles with lifting, muscle weighs more than fat and if you are building muscles that could be your issue. Good news is that muscle continues to burn calories after a workout longer than doing a cardio workout so it's eventually going to budge.

One other thing i would try is dropping your carboyhydrate intake if you are eating quite a bit of carbs try adding more protein such as Chicken, Peanuts, etc. My body tends to get over the "hump" when i do that. Don't really need many carbs...i've been dropping my carbs down alot and i'm in the midst of training for an ironman(140.6 miles of fun)!!

Anyways, best of luck!
  • kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you!!! I am asking the same questions and I have changed things up and hired a personal trainer to help me get thru this. I do some sort of cardio everyday (spinning, running, zumba, elliptical) and then take strength/toning classes and then work out with weight with my trainer 2x a week. The scale is very discouraging to me, but taking measurements has helped--sometimes the scale goes up, but the measurements go down or my clothes fit differently. I know I am doing the right thing and eating as clean as possible, so the results will come--keep at it. I keep doing it and know I am and will be healthier for it and so will you...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat less carbs. more veggies. more protein.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Change the batteries in your scale and make sure it's not the kind that uses previous measurements to avoid short term fluxuations (you know, when you step on the scale five times in five minutes and get five different weights); I've heard that type of scale can glitch out when the batteries are low.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Change the batteries in your scale and make sure it's not the kind that uses previous measurements to avoid short term fluxuations (you know, when you step on the scale five times in five minutes and get five different weights); I've heard that type of scale can glitch out when the batteries are low.

Hmmm...... That would be awesome if that was the problem..... I have had the same battery in there for years. It is worth a try.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    eat less carbs. more veggies. more protein.

i agree with this
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I will not give up!