When do you log your meals?

Options

Replies

• Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I log everything in the morning when Im watching the news.. I plan all my main meals, log them and then I can figure out what snacks I can have for my morning and afternoon snack.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    When I am about to eat them (from my phone) Or right after I eat them! Makes me never forget!
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    I typically log them in as I eat them... however I do sometimes log in my dinner when I decide what we are having (usually around lunch time).
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I log after each and every meal and with breakfast , I log it most days while I am eating it at my desk after I have been to the gym.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Heh. I'm a freak, I guess.

I log when I'm planning. I go grocery shopping on Sunday. I'll plan through at least Thursday at that time. I adjust as necessary, but it's nice to have a plan. :)
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    For myself (especially while doing insanity) I find it easier to log my meals for an entire week so that I have no thought of what I'll be eating all day, every day. However, lately I've been logging after i eat, and I definitely eat more when i do that -- although that could also be because I'm traveling so much right now.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch tend to be the same thing for me every day, and I enter it the night before. Supper tends to be what I feel like eating that evening and is adapted to how much I've worked out that day, so I enter that as I'm preparing it or after I've eaten it.
  • Dragonflybjm63
    Options
    I've been logging my food in after each meal. I pretty much know what i'll be having for dinner but i still wait till i've had it , just to be sure
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I log in the am or the night before, when I know what my meals will be. If I don't know, or have snacks, I just log right before I eat them.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    With two kids, I pre-log the night before. Much easier and less stress involved.
  • Leslie165
    Leslie165 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just did my lunch log in...and have done a log in manually. Found it SOOO much easier to use the bar code scanner on the app, on my phone...scan every food and BAM, everything is right there! Not much thinking involved.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I usually log my breakfast and lunch in the morning. It's usually for convenience because I'm making breakfast and packing lunch at the same time. It also gives me a good idea of what I have left as a "budget" for snacks and dinner and helps motivate me to workout to earn some extra calories if I didn't do it in the morning.

^ this
    Worked great for me yesterday, I planned on a light breakfast and light lunch, knowing I was going to have my favorite pizza with the family at dinnertime. By evening I still had close to 1000 calories to splurge on dinner.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I eat them.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Right before I eat them
  • duckfloats
    duckfloats Posts: 30
    Options
    I log my meals as I eat them if possible, that helps to eliminate the forgetting of a food.

That's what I do. My wife graciously prepares most of my meals, so I don't always know exactly what I'm getting in advance.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The night before; I may make some changes during the day.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I MUST log in the morning so I have a guideline for the day. Otherwise I will be lost/confused and just eat crap
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I log everything in the morning so that I can plan my meals out for the day. If I do it at night, I find that sometimes I overeat. It's just what works for me :)
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Login meals after I've finished them, aren't 7 day weekends great, anyway i tend to have the same or similar breakfast and lunches and go to town on the evening meals.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I always log right after I eat it. I come and go and it doesn´t take much time to log it