Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! I always want to be "one of those girls" that you describe. I am the same height as you are and weighed about 165 at the beginning of my journey. So far I'm 15.5 lbs down and working so hard to be like you! You look so very stunning, girl! x
  • apehl
    apehl Posts: 13
    Options
    You look incredible! Love this post, so inspiring!
  • JMorg180
    JMorg180 Posts: 5
    Options
    That was SO inspiring, thank you so much for sharing.
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • Monicaislosingit
    Options
    this actually looks exactly like kristen from mtv's "the hills"

i thought the same thing too!!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ninakir88- that is an awesome story!!!!! Very inspiring:) You should be so proud! I am around your same stats. 5'4, 168#'s. I have lost 10#'s over the last couple of months, but I am ready to see some results like you have experienced.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I wish I had started my journey sooner. I was one of those girls in my youth who didn't have to worry much. Yes, I did aerobics so I can't say I didn't work for it all but I really didn't do that much and wore a size 1-3 for years before finally getting into a 3/5 in my late teens. Then I married, had babies and at my heaviest was 220 lbs. As someone who used to pick clothes up off the rack and know they would look great, it was very disheartening. At times I didn't even like myself very much. Now I have been at this since April and am down to 191. I had lost just a few pounds before joining MFP and that was just trying to watch what I eat and work out a little. Since joining MFP I have lost 21 pounds and think I am officially addicted to exercise, especially yoga. I still have a long way to go but I keep reminding myself "Slow and steady wins the race." I didn't get here over night and I am not going to get back overnight. Can't wait to reach my goal!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is so motivational! I can totally relate. Thanks for sharing.
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, very motivational....You look amazing!!!
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazingly beautiful as does your smile:)
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank ou!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! Very inspiring!!
  • Raphi_ruck
    Options
    Wow. Thank you so much for that inspiration. :) You've made me want to truly change. Thnak you for having shared this, I feel like I can relate to you so much.

Feeling very motivated right now.

:):) Thank you!
  • princessheather26
    princessheather26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just...wow!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)

I would just like to point out, I am by no means a weight loss expert or anything like that, I don't know much about diet or exercise and I have A TON to learn about it.

When losing weight, I just played it by ear and did what was working for me just by having a low calorie diet and exercising 4-5 times a week. Now that I am maintaining, I am a little more easy going about my diet, but I probably need to eat cleaner than what I do now days.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Love this post!! You look amazingly hot!! Congratulations on the weight loss.

I can totally relate to this post. I was 138-145 since I was 12. I felt like the fat chick in my group of friends. Fast forward to when I turned 21, and my weight ballooned to 156 and I felt even worse. I always wondered what it would feel like to be the "hot chick" who looked great in (or out of) anything! Sometimes I still feel like my old chubby self, but then I have to remind myself that when I look wistfully at a girl who is probably 115-120 lbs, that I'm around that size too! It's like my mind forgets!

Thanks for sharing :o)

This is a problem I run into a lot.

I will have the chubby girl mentality and have to remind myself there is no way I can be "fat" when I am around this weight, it's all in my head.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    This post inspiried me soo much. I even started to choke up a bit

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and hopefully one day I can do the same :)
  • eileenv85
    eileenv85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally identify with the first part of your story and cannot wait to get to the second part! I too grew up eating almost anything I wanted. In high school was about 170... then went up to 180. In my early 20's I got all the way up to 205! I lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers. At 165 I felt really good, but still saw myself as the fat girl. However, the last 2 years it has slowly crept up on me as I was in school full time and working full time too. I started losing control again and am now back to 186. I still battle thoughts every day about how gross and fat I am. At the gym I look at the skinny girls and think the same things you did! Is that natural? Are they anorexic? GOSH! That must be nice! I am so sick of the mind battle... I am ready to do real battle and get into REAL shape! Your story was so motivating to me! Thank you!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~~~almost makes me want to be "one of those girls! :laugh:
  • FrkFreckle
    FrkFreckle Posts: 11
    Options
    OMG, you look sooo great!!!!! :O I cannot believe it!

That is exactly one of the biggest reasons I'm doing this. I've always wanted to be one of those girl. The girls who are tan, skinny and pretty. Hair always perfect, makeup always perfect etc. Basically the girl who were popular in highschool...

And I really hope to soon being able to achieve that <3 I'm only looking for losing about 15 pounds, and I'm trying to be patient, but... :i
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!