Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh in?

Just looking for responses.....every day, every other, once a week...etc?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I weigh in every 2 weeks, and I weigh on Saturday mornings.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    I step on the scale every single stupid day....I seriously need to get over this.....but I only record on MFP on Mondays.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    I step on the scale every single stupid day....I seriously need to get over this.....but I only record on MFP on Mondays.

This is me, too. Can't stop. It's some kind of sick addiction. Gave up sugar, gave up junk, can't give up the scales...:noway:
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    I record my weight every Tuesday, but I weigh every day. I feel I stay on track better this way, it keeps me honest.
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    every few days but I only record it once a week. And I avoid it like the plague during that time of the month (lol). Nobody likes to see +2-5 lbs.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    I was weekly, but I put the scale away and will be doing monthly from here out I think.
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103

This is me, too. Can't stop. It's some kind of sick addiction. Gave up sugar, gave up junk, can't give up the scales...:noway:

I was the same way, but had to let go, so I'm down to 2 - 3 times a week. I officially weigh-in once a week or every 2 weeks. I try not to make it that big of a deal as long as I am at or around calorie goal.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    every few days but I only record it once a week. And I avoid it like the plague during that time of the month (lol). Nobody likes to see +2-5 lbs.

I used to weigh every day!.. bad bad.. silly thing to do (for ME, anyway) ..

Now I aim for once per week.. though like the lovely lady above here ^ ... this week as its TOM I am not weighing.. I do NOT want to see disheartening 'gain'.. soooo.. I will leave it until next week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Every morning.

It's the best way to become aware of/comfortable with the inevitably wild daily fluctuations in scale weight...(the same wild daily fluctuations that will still be in your weekly/monthly/quarterly weigh-ins).

The trick is to not let this daily number significantly affect your plan. I guess ideally, you would weigh yourself daily, but not know the number...perhaps enlist the help of a spouse to record the numbers for you without you being able to see. Then, after a few months of making progress (both scale and NSV), you could review the log and see the phenomenon to which I'm referring. (And I truly believe that becoming comfortable with this is one of the more helpful milestones to eventual success.)
  • Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    It used to be every day but I become way to hung up on it if I hadn't dropped a lb.

Also sometimes your body changes daily due to the amount of waste/water/etc so it wasn't really a fair reading so I've changed it to once a week on the same day at the same time.
  • I'm stepping on my scale everyday.. even a few times a day so that I get that lowest number... seeing it move down by even .2lbs in one day is my motivation to keep doing what I am doing.. if I stay the same or weigh in heavy for a few days, then I know im slacking and need to kick it up a notch... Its an awful addiction but I know that it drives me to keep going...
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    i get on the scale every morning at the exact same time in the exact same outfit (birthday suit) but i enter my weight once a week
  • kayteaann
    kayteaann Posts: 12 Member
    haha same here i need to stop cuz when i finally start plateauing it will only get depressing...i should just relocate the scale so I don't see it every morning :/
  • puma1208
    puma1208 Posts: 5 Member
    Everyday at night before I go to bed. Or after a hard cardio session, I mainly do it out of habbit just because it one of a few things I do to keep myself on track... It works for me...:happy:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    First thing in the morning, each and every day!
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Once a week or once every other week.
    Weighing too often can create more problems. That was one of the biggest challenges I had to overcome with my ED.
    Best Wishes~
  • cribber018
    cribber018 Posts: 3 Member
    once a week.. same time!~:smile:
  • lucybelle21
    lucybelle21 Posts: 4 Member
    Once per week is what I am making myself stick to - on Saturday mornings, too. If I wait til Monday morning than I run the risk of seeing the results of a weekend gone wrong!
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    I weigh in every Sunday morning. I do monitor during the week, but my weight does flucuate based on time and how much water I've had to drink durning the day.
  • About every two days