dinner=180 calories!!

Options
Went to the grocery tonight b/c I didn't have much left (in the way of calories) for dinner. I wanted to see if I could find something that wouldn't put me over for the day. The closest grocery to me is Kroger so I thought I'd go there. I came out victorious!! Found some amazing things...

My entire dinner turned out to be 180 calories- and I ate enough!
dinnermade.jpg

breadandjelly.jpg
- Healthy Life White Bread (35 cals per slice)- 2 slices=70 calories
- Fifty Fifty Strawberry Jam (5 calroies per tablespoon)- 2 tbs= 10 calories
- Campbell's Select Light: Italian Style Vegtable (50 calories per serving)- entire can= 100 calories
GRAND TOTAL= 180 calories!!

I also found more INCREDIBLE things: Walden Farms is a great company-- www.waldenfarms.com
-- Everything they make is: Calorie, fat. gluten, carb and sugar FREE!!

- Salad dressings: ranch, thousand island, raspberry vinegarette, bleu cheese... there's 17 kinds!
saladdressings.jpg

- Fruit dips: caramel, chocolate and marshmallow
dips.jpg

- Condiments and BBQ sauces: ketchup, honey bbq ect...
condiments.jpg

- Pasta sauces: alfredo, marinara and scampy
alfredosauce.jpg

They also have a "peanut butter spread", mayo, veggie dips, and various syrups.

Sorry for such a long post but I am really excited about my find! The only down side is that they're on the expensive side but I think its worth it- especially since it means I can snack without having to worry about my "needless calories" from dips and sauces!!

Replies

• lgfeilmeier
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I think this is helpful information!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    wow thats pretty awesome!
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a very filling dinner for 180 calories. Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I always love it when I can get a great meal for less calories than others.
  • vhardwick
    Options
    I LOVE the Walden Farm dressings! Don't buy the Peanut Butter...it is terrible!!!! BIG waste of money....not sure what I was eating!
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    I LOVE the Walden Farm dressings! Don't buy the Peanut Butter...it is terrible!!!! BIG waste of money....not sure what I was eating!

lol. good to know- thanks!
  • annierg1327
    Options
    I like the dressings too! The peanut butter is ok...the alfredo sauce made me gag....
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... I've never checked out Walden Farms products... what does the ingredients list look like?
  • sara1786
    Options
    hmmm.... I've never checked out Walden Farms products... what does the ingredients list look like?

there's a lot of products so here is the nutrition info page: just click on the item you're interested in and on the right hand of the page it will list the nutrition info & ingredients

http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How can any food be calorie free? I picked up the marshmallow dip once and it made me gag a bit...I believe I've tried the BBQ Sauce and it was ok...

From their website"

Q. How can Walden Farms Calorie Free Specialties be so delicious without sugar, fat or carbohydrates?
    A. We use Concentrated Natural Flavors. Walden Farms irresistibly sweet calorie free specialties are prepared with ingredients such as real fruit extracts, rich cocoa and other natural ingredients, all sweetened with Splenda. Our savory specialties are prepared with ingredients such as dozens of freshly ground herbs and spices, the finest aged imported and domestic vinegars, soy sauce, lemon juice, natural blue cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, crushed tomatoes, minced garlic, sliced onion and other concentrated natural flavors.
  • rchmndgrly
    rchmndgrly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Salad Dressing and Chocolate Syrup are an excellent alternative. Save the calories!!!
    Thousand Island is my favorite. Good for you that you can just go to your local grocery store and find such a wide selection; I had to order online; but I stocked up!
    :happy:

290725.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    good job!!!!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    sorry if I seem a bit sceptical but "calorie free" c'mon... how is that even possible. I know it says it on the container but think about it. Anyone else have a hard time believing that.... like what does your body do with it? Is it just waste?
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Awesome! What section of the store did you find this in? I know my grocery has some stuff over in the pharmacy section for diabetics, but I've never checked in out too closely.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For those who use the Walden farms dressings-Watch the sodium content! They are VERY sodium dense!!!
  • sara1786
    Options
    I found all of this in the "jelly" isle with the condiments and such
  • sara1786
    Options
    For those who use the Walden farms dressings-Watch the sodium content! They are VERY sodium dense!!!

ahh... good to know. thnx.
  • hadoo
    hadoo Posts: 7
    Options
    remember-it is still PROCESSED food.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

ahh... good to know. thnx.

They are definitely not "sodium free" but relative to other dressings, they are actually lower than most of the reduced calorie or fat free dressings made by other companies.

Also, they have a store locator feature on their website so you can see where you might find a retailer in your area that has them.