Blendtec (or other) smoothie recipes

Options
BigPapaGato
BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
Hey guys I've had my Blendtec for 2 weeks now and I've run out of different recipes to try. Does anyone know a good place to look for green juice smoothies or if you have any recipes that you love feel free toost them below.

I'll start with a quick and easy low calorie one that leaves me full for hours

2 cups water
2 tablespoons organic flax seed
1 green Grammy smith apple
2 oranges
4 cups spimach leaves (baby)
A nice handful of ice

Makes 2 servings (about 48 ounces)

Orange Apple Spinach juice, 1 serving (24 ounces)
183 calories
38g carbs
3g Fat
5g Protein
10g Fiber

70 calories and most of the protein, and fat come from the flax seeds so you can actually take them out if you don't want them.

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I use what fruit I have, soy milk or soft tofu, yogurt, and spinach or kale. I use stevia to sweeten it. It's really pretty free form.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i hear ya, i try to work the same way, but sometimes without a little set direction i'll get a shake that has a bad texture or just something that tastes awful lol. Thanks for the feedback.

By the way for those interested i'd also like to hear about protein shake recipes as well.
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was happy for find this post! I just ordered my Blendtec today and can't wait until it arrives! I've been using a Breville cordless immersion blender to make my "green" smoothies but it doesn't really emulsify the spinach, so I haven't dared to blend any other veggies yet aside form curly kale (broke down worse than spinach) and romaine. My normal breakfast smoothie consists of: strawberries, blueberries, banana, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, and unsweetened coconut milk. If I get bored of that, I use mango, kiwi and orange instead of the berries. For me, banana (even half of one) is a must because I like the sweetness and texture it adds to the smoothie.
  • freedomn98
    Options
    I've recently started the blend below and really like it

3 celery stalks
    3 tomatos
    3 carrots
    onion (to taste - be generous!)
    garlic (the more the better!)

black pepper
    hot sauce
    hot red chili pepper paste (not easy to find in my area)

blend on soup and chill and enjoy!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    These sound real good. I got a blended blender today.
  • trishcass46
    trishcass46 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Does this soup recipe have any stock or water in it?
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Try this site she has great recipes for green smoothies

http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Vitamix's website has a lot of smoothie and soup recipes that should work just fine in a Blend Tec.