zucchini help

Options
felice03
felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
One of my friends brought me two HUUUUUUGE zucchini's today. I love zucchini but would really like some new ideas on what exactly I should do with them....

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Cut them into spears and throw them on the grill with lemon juice, fresh garlic, and copious amounts of black pepper and rosemary.
    -wtk
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Throw them on skewers with steak or chicken, then throw them on the grill. MMMMM.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I slice them up with other vegetables and pop them in the oven with rosemary and evoo - delicious!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    cut them and grill them, slice them raw and eat with hummus or other dip, grill or saute them and mix with other veggies for a veggie wrap, veggie pizza, or mix with a pasta-they are delicious in pasta dishes or red sauce dishes.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    WE love them in spaghetti sauce too. As well as grilled, sauted and baked. There's a pinterest pin for making zucchinni chips, also. Seems pretty easy, just slice them thin and bake at 200*.
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    Dice one up, put the chunks in a colander and salt to draw out the liquid. Then make a quick vinaigrette and slice cherry tomatoes in half. Mix it all together, and you've got an awesome summer salad.
  • dwkloveswine
    dwkloveswine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Found this receipe a couple of days ago on here and it sounds amazing!!!

Zucchini, include skin, raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Onions - Raw, 1/4 cup, chopped
    Parmesean Cheese Grated - 1/4 cup
    Panko Bread Crumbs- 1/4 cup
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large

I put the onion and zucchini in the food processor so it's finely chopped. Mix everything together. Spoon by the teaspoonful into mini muffin tin (GREASED) Pat down with back of spoon. 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until you notice them getting a beautiful brown crust on the edges. Makes 12 tots per tin.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I like them on the grill, steamed, or even tossed with olive oil and baked. Add whatever seasonings you like
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If they are really huge then they will have a lot of seeds. I take my grator and grate them,only down to where the seeds get really big, then freeze in freezer baggies about 2 cups worth, for zucchini bread in the middle of winter. I have used my larger zucchini like this for the past 20+ years. I only use the smaller ones to grill and eat raw.

Good Luck
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You could run them through a grater and make zucchini bread and muffins...here's a recipe i found with pics to boot =)
    http://thechiclife.com/2011/08/healthy-oatlicious-zucchini-bread-and-muffins.html
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try making Zucchini bread with whole wheat flour: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/whole-wheat-zucchini-bread/ - I used all whole wheat flour instead of some white and added 2 tsp baking powder and 2 tsp baking soda to make up for the lack of regular flour - it turned out great!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Zucchini pickles - yum
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I put the onion and zucchini in the food processor so it's finely chopped. Mix everything together. Spoon by the teaspoonful into mini muffin tin (GREASED) Pat down with back of spoon. 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until you notice them getting a beautiful brown crust on the edges. Makes 12 tots per tin.

This is amazing! I've made it!!!! And super low cal!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oven Baked Zucchini Chips.... PURE DELICIOUSNESS!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love them in anything Italian.... if there are tomatoes, I want zucchini! I make whole wheat pasta with chicken sausage, onions, peppers and zucchini! Cut them in long thin slices and use them in place of lasagna noodles for lasagna. If you have a mandolin you can also cut zucchini into a pasta like noodle to use in place of pasta too.

ZUCCHINI FRIES!!!!! my husband can not get enough of these. cut them into spears, cut out the seeds. dip them in egg beaters and roll them in panko crumbs, parm cheese, bread crumbs, etc. Our grocery store has a Parm Herb Blend Panko crumbs that I use. Bake at 425 for 30-40 mins.

Grilled! I can eat a ton of grilled squash. Grill up some vadalia onions with it. Drizzle with balsamic or squeeze some lemon juice with S&P.

Quinoa..... I sautee up veggies and mix in with some quinoa.

I made a veggie gratin one night with slices of onions, squash and tomatoes..... sprinkle a little bread crumbs and parm cheese and bake.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Google recipe for zucchini mock apple pie. . . SOO good substitute splenda for sugar

Also like to halve them lengthwise clear out the seeds
    saute some italian seasoned turkey burger...mix it with maranara
    stuff it in the zucchini and bake on 350 until the zuccini is soft. . . great alternative to pasta!!!
  • laura_lynn66
    laura_lynn66 Posts: 175
    Options

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Have made these multiple times. They are almost like popcorn, i cant stop eating them. Super Yummy!!!!!