Day 1 Looking for friends and support!

Today is Day 1 for me. I have never actually went on a diet before. I am hoping that joining here and having people to talk to helps. I am a 30 year old mom to 4. I have 3 boys and 1 stepdaughter. They range in age from12 to 2 so they keep me pretty busy.

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Congrats, you're here in the first place which is Step 1!

I personally wouldn't think of it as a "diet", that sounds controlling, boring and blerghh. Think of it as a new healthy lifestyle.

I cannot stand diets as they seem to focus on one main food group which is bland. As long as you stay motivated and positive you'll be absolutely fine.

My Mum is always going on about how tired she is after a day of looking after me and my siblings so count that as Work out number 1 done ;)
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Day 1 for me too! Don't let the kids and your being busy be an excuse...but a reason to meet your goals...... losinglbs. :)
  • msalmaj
    msalmaj Posts: 21
    Welcome and here's to a good start for you and the rest of your life. I agree with most, that the word "diet" is so out dated. I too, love "life style change" or is it "change in life style"? Oh well, you get the picture. Looking forward to seeing you share your progress.:smile:
  • Welcome :-) I am on week two of my "Life style" change.
    Add me!
  • Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Day 1 for me too! You can do this lifestyle change!
  • Day 2 for me. I would love to be your friend.
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • kfitt10
    kfitt10 Posts: 16 Member
    All of you just starting out can feel free to add me...I am 1 month in!
  • judsywudsy
    judsywudsy Posts: 44 Member
    I have been here for a lil over a week. So feel free to add me.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Day 45 for me.. Anyone feel free to add me I'm on here daily... I try to support everyone.. I'm 31 I have two girl of my own (10 and 2) and I have 4 step kids (15, 12, 10 and 6)
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to send me a request!
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Welcome! Best of luck on your new lifestyle journey!

Feel free to add me! Always look for support and to help support!
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    I personally wouldn't think of it as a "diet", that sounds controlling, boring and blerghh. Think of it as a new healthy lifestyle.

I cannot stand diets as they seem to focus on one main food group which is bland. As long as you stay motivated and positive you'll be absolutely fine.

Definately agree, don't think of it as a diet! I used to be addicted to a few foods (McDonalds fries, Reese's, Cheetos, the list can go on), but now I have found healthier alternatives and don't even crave them anymore. I actually now have a craving for mustard and zuchini fries (weird, but delish!)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Welcome - this is is a wonderful place to start your journey- I consider it a lifestyle for me now- 2 months in a lifetime to be healthier :smile:
  • bconrad64
    bconrad64 Posts: 6
    My first day too. Good luck.
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Today is Day 1 for me. I have never actually went on a diet before. I am hoping that joining here and having people to talk to helps. I am a 30 year old mom to 4. I have 3 boys and 1 stepdaughter. They range in age from12 to 2 so they keep me pretty busy.

Congrats! and Welcome! Getting started is the hardest part. Stick with it and it'll be habit soon enough.
  • Welcome to MFP; and I certainly pray the best for you and your goal(s). Do feel free to add me...
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Been here since April. NOT a diet, it is most definitely a lifestyle. A healthier lifestyle = a healthier you. You can do it!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Hi there! I've been around for awhile, but I'd be more than happy to offer support. Feel free to add me :)
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    I started a month ago. The toughest part was making the decision to make a lifestyle change. After you start to see progress, you will be even more motivated to reach your goals. Feel free to add me!
  • Chari_Jan
    Chari_Jan Posts: 157 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends to support.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Wow a lot of new people on here. I can say that this site works wonders. My girlfriend and I both started at the start of the year and she has lost 60 pounds and I have lost almost 50. If you download the phone app and scan foods you will be amazed at how easy you can avoid bad choices. And the many members and forums and blogs will always motivate you! This site can do wonders.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    I've been on here for about 6 weeks, but have been on my weight loss journey for the last 16 months. This is a great tool for watching what you eat, and tracking different things like fibre, sodium, sugar etc. It's eye opening once you start writing down what you're eating. Good luck and everyone feel free to add me. In the last 16 months I've lost 161 pounds. If i can do it, anyone can.:happy:
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Welcome! I agree with others...this isn't a diet as it is a new way of life. This site has made all the difference for me.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • crcajo
    crcajo Posts: 3
    I'm kind of new. I started over a year ago and stopped logging in but I did not give up on my weight loss. I've lost 32lbs on my own and decided I need that extra umph so here I am again. I never utilized the community boards but now that I have for just 2 days now, it is holding me accountable and it works!. Feel free to add me in. I'll do my best to offer you support.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    I'm on week two! Loving MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • I'm new too! Me and my girlfriend OliveDouglas have started preppig ourselfs for the long road ahead. Add us! And Stick With It!!!
    I had dieted very well years ago (lost 70lbs). But when my Grandmother died, I went into seriously deep depression, and gain MORE than I had lost back. Been Yo-Yoing ever since. Looking for a serious fix myself!
  • This is Day 2 for my weight loss journey.My sister told me about the site because she uses it herself and she loves it! I think the site is great for tracking your meals and how many calories you take in. I can't believe what I was eating when I started tracking what I ate, but this is is one of the most challenging things I've done. I know it will be worth it in the long run though so I am glad I started this journey. Feel free to add me and we could support each other :)
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member

Congrats! and Welcome! Getting started is the hardest part. Stick with it and it'll be habit soon enough.

So glad you started. . . and actually, starting is the easiest thing ever. its the 'sticking with it' that requires the work but you are in the right place for amazing support and good friends.

Welcome!!