What were you like in High School???

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I was in musical theater, vice president of the show choir, and my boyfriend dumped me 6 weeks before the prom so I didn't have a date.

Needless to say, I was REALLY cool in high school.

MMMM...Mer in a prom dress...all lonely.....FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP.....

Bahaha my prom dress was awesome too! I totally still have it hanging in my closet...hope to fit into it again one day...
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was the gearhead with the hotrod car. Some things never change...
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I graduated in 2005 and I was in band, ran the lights in our theatre productions, went through a strange Hot Topic phase as a freshman, joined way too many clubs, and had really awkward half grown out bangs until I discovered a flat iron in 11th grade. Wow.... on paper I sound like a total nerd, but I wasn't. I don't think....?

Oh and I also went through this highlighting phase where my hair was basically blonde. Thank god it went back to naturally red once I got over that!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Very smart, hard to motivate, loved to write (published by age 15!), super mature, daddy issues (honestly), quiet in a creepy way, big into theater.

I didn't make or keep friends very well. In high school my dad and mom had just split, and he was an abusive drunk. She had no money so I was a really poor kid (but he had drank up all the money before, so that wasn't different). I got made fun of a lot for my weight, fast "blossoming", and being so poor.

Buuuuut I got married at 16 and finished up with school early. I never did get to go to prom, or ring dance, or have a proper boyfriend.
  • Hotanuri
    Hotanuri Posts: 53
    Options
    [/quote]

Bahaha my prom dress was awesome too! I totally still have it hanging in my closet...hope to fit into it again one day...
    [/quote]

So I'm not the only one waiting for this day? lol
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Total goody-good, honor student, big in choir and art, not athletic at all. I weighed 40 pounds more than I do today. I tended to stay away from everyone and didn't have a ton of friends. Nobody hated me, but I didn't have a group of best friends. Totally awkward, shy, weird. I never spoke up in class, didn't participate in any extracurricular's. I think everyone thought I was weird.

I hated high school though, and I'm so much different (for the better) today.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    A huge Tomboy, who was tall and skinny with big tatas, but I hung with the boys, got into fights and was popular. Yeah, I had it good..lol
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    smart, outgoing, drama club, star wars geek...honestly aboutt the same as i am now
  • shelbz2684
    shelbz2684 Posts: 24
    Options
    I was super super shy, I didn't talk to you unless you talked to me first. I was in choir, loved music, still do. That's pretty much who I was.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add how ECSTATIC I am to see how many of you were in choir!! I started my chorus dork days back in the 5th grade and kept going all the way through college. Majored in Music (vocal performance, of course!) and now I'm a certified music teacher :) NO ONE in high school would have seen that coming *har har*... Choir and music has always been my refuge, and it wasn't until college that I really started to envy those in band. They got paid well to travel with the football team!! Should have auditioned to play the damn crash cymbals like the other vocalist in my studio did, lol.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I was the bullied kid who was at a severe risk for turning into someone who would repeat what happened at Columbine. Although I have to admit, high school wasn't as bad as middle school there.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Same as i am now.. except i dont smoke weed or get drunk just about everyday. I was also a strait 10 then. I had a BANGIN' body. Man... the good ole days
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

So I'm not the only one waiting for this day? lol
    [/quote]

Mine rocked too, and I think I probably could squeeze back into it again, but only because it laced up in the back! About 5 other girls have worn my dress to prom since 2005, the last one being this year (I lend it out to cousins and cousin's girlfriends by request). I am happy I chose a style that was timeless! (edit: My hair, not so timeless lol)

197829_503864325161_2526_n.jpg
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Can't really say I was one thing or another in high school. I was a cheerleader jock who did JROTC and competed in speech and debate, I did drama and took AP classes as well as played an instrument. I was in the homecoming court, Valedvictorian and had friends that were everything from grunge, geeks, preppy, jocks, cheerleaders, stoners and anything else. The whole time I just wanted to hide in the library and read instead of talk to people and do everything I did. lol
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Pot head, long hair, class clown.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    I played football, basketball, was known as the class clown, kept everybody laughing, got decent grade, and loved to party
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Cheerleader, band geek (marching snare drum, keyboard percussion), valedictorian. My school was small, and being in the band was "cool" but being a cheerleader wasn't. I wasn't very popular with girls, but a little more so with guys because I had more in common with them (which made me even less popular with girls, because I dared to date above my social status). Most of my female "friends" back then were only friends with me so I'd help them with their math homework, and I only still talk to my very best girlfriend from high school.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Party girl. Got good grades, but could have done so much better if I’d spent a lot less time chasing boys and “altering my mind”. Probably seemed like a dumb blonde in those days, which I really am not.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was the bullied kid who was at a severe risk for turning into someone who would repeat what happened at Columbine. Although I have to admit, high school wasn't as bad as middle school there.

I could say the same thing.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Drama dork, shy. But fun if you got me out of my shell.