I don't want to eat 1200 cals forever...

Options
2»

Replies

• TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the stickies in the EM2WL group and even check out the videos too!! This group teaches you how to eat the correct amount of food and still lose weight or maintain the weight that you have worked so hard to lose....Just take a look and see what you think...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Best of luck to you no matter what you decide to do!! :)

THIS!!!!!
    I could never have eaten 1200 calories for any real length of time. I am so glad i found EM2WL when I did! You should check it out!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am doing zigzagging. Look it up on the net It helps with plateaus etc
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I use my TDEE. You can use a great one at this site: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thanks for the tip on the site. very easy to use.
  • gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 a day and I'm never hungry. Eating clean is the way to go.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why someone would think they need to eat 1200 forever. If you eat 1200, you will lose your excess weight, then you can eat at maintenance level. But if you prefer to eat at maintenance level now, that's fine, too. But then you will be at your current weight forever. Do EMWL and lose a pound a month (if you're close to goal). It's all just a matter of choices. If you think you can eat at 100 under maintenance and lose a pound a week, you're doing your math wrong.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why someone would think they need to eat 1200 forever. If you eat 1200, you will lose your excess weight, then you can eat at maintenance level. But if you prefer to eat at maintenance level now, that's fine, too. But then you will be at your current weight forever. Do EMWL and lose a pound a month (if you're close to goal). It's all just a matter of choices. If you think you can eat at 100 under maintenance and lose a pound a week, you're doing your math wrong.

I agre with this statement. I would eat somewhere between the 'eat more to lose' and 1200 cal. I can't live on 1200 either and EM2L says 1500 so I'm trying 1400 and see what happens.